Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default LED display (MAN6730) problem

Hello,

I am just repairing a fairly old instrument (manufactured in 1989) which
employs two LED displays (driven by ICL71xxx family chip), one of the
displays is 1 and 1/2 digits, RED color common anode display (MAN6730)
which has two segments burned out and is unavailable even from big
suppliers like Farnell, probably due to the fact that it's obsolete. I
was searching for replacement and currently there is no results.

This is the datasheet for MAN6700 family:

http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/data...QT/MAN6750.pdf

Does anyone knows which display can replace this one (MAN6730) or maybe
how and where to obtain the original one or replacement ?

Thank you,

Hans
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hans Wolfenstein wrote:
Hello,

I am just repairing a fairly old instrument (manufactured in 1989)
which employs two LED displays (driven by ICL71xxx family chip), one
of the displays is 1 and 1/2 digits, RED color common anode display
(MAN6730) which has two segments burned out and is unavailable even
from big suppliers like Farnell, probably due to the fact that it's
obsolete. I was searching for replacement and currently there is no
results.
This is the datasheet for MAN6700 family:

http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/data...QT/MAN6750.pdf

Does anyone knows which display can replace this one (MAN6730) or
maybe how and where to obtain the original one or replacement ?

Thank you,

Hans

Hans
Unicorn Electronics has the MAN6730 listed in their online catalog at
http://www.unicornelectronics.com/fnd503.html. The description doesn't
match the datasheet specs, particularly, Unicorn says it is a 24 pin
mounting, and is common cathode. I see that there are other errors with the
listing as well, so you might call or email them to verify if the item they
list is really what you need. Unicorn has a $25.00 US minimum order, which
makes for an expensive small order.
Alternatively, Alltronics has an ORANGE display at
http://www.alltronics.com/cgi-bin/it...e%2C-7-Segment.
If you can live with the different colors in the display, then it will work.
It's a MAN6630 type.

--
David
masondg44 at comcast dot net

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hans Wolfenstein wrote:
Hello,

I am just repairing a fairly old instrument (manufactured in 1989) which
employs two LED displays (driven by ICL71xxx family chip), one of the
displays is 1 and 1/2 digits, RED color common anode display (MAN6730)
which has two segments burned out and is unavailable even from big
suppliers like Farnell, probably due to the fact that it's obsolete. I
was searching for replacement and currently there is no results.

This is the datasheet for MAN6700 family:

http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/data...QT/MAN6750.pdf

Does anyone knows which display can replace this one (MAN6730) or maybe
how and where to obtain the original one or replacement ?

Thank you,

Hans

Ebay search item no. 190278853251

JC
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 20:46:29 +0200, Hans Wolfenstein
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I am just repairing a fairly old instrument (manufactured in 1989) which
employs two LED displays (driven by ICL71xxx family chip), one of the
displays is 1 and 1/2 digits, RED color common anode display (MAN6730) ...

It crosses to an NTE3076:

http://www.nteinc.com/specs/3000to30...nte3076_77.pdf

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/produc...E3076-/NTE3076

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Dave M wrote:
Hans Wolfenstein wrote:
[...]

Thanks ! This second one might be useful.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 20:46:29 +0200, Hans Wolfenstein
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I am just repairing a fairly old instrument (manufactured in 1989) which
employs two LED displays (driven by ICL71xxx family chip), one of the
displays is 1 and 1/2 digits, RED color common anode display (MAN6730) ...

It crosses to an NTE3076:

http://www.nteinc.com/specs/3000to30...nte3076_77.pdf

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/produc...E3076-/NTE3076

- Franc Zabkar

Thank you !

Is there any "NTE" replacement for MAN6700 ?

Hans
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Archon wrote:
Hans Wolfenstein wrote:
Hello,

I am just repairing a fairly old instrument (manufactured in 1989)
which employs two LED displays (driven by ICL71xxx family chip), one
of the displays is 1 and 1/2 digits, RED color common anode display
(MAN6730) which has two segments burned out and is unavailable even
from big suppliers like Farnell, probably due to the fact that it's
obsolete. I was searching for replacement and currently there is no
results.

This is the datasheet for MAN6700 family:

http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/data...QT/MAN6750.pdf

Does anyone knows which display can replace this one (MAN6730) or
maybe how and where to obtain the original one or replacement ?

Thank you,

Hans

Ebay search item no. 190278853251

JC

Thanks a lot. I think I will search for some other displays also from
this guy.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hans Wolfenstein wrote:

Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 20:46:29 +0200, Hans Wolfenstein
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I am just repairing a fairly old instrument (manufactured in 1989) which
employs two LED displays (driven by ICL71xxx family chip), one of the
displays is 1 and 1/2 digits, RED color common anode display (MAN6730) ...

It crosses to an NTE3076:

http://www.nteinc.com/specs/3000to30...nte3076_77.pdf

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/produc...E3076-/NTE3076

- Franc Zabkar

Thank you !

Is there any "NTE" replacement for MAN6700 ?

No, but you can always chect the online reference yourself:

http://nte01.nteinc.com/nte/NTExRefSemiProd.nsf/$$Search?OpenForm

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Hans Wolfenstein wrote:
Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 20:46:29 +0200, Hans Wolfenstein
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I am just repairing a fairly old instrument (manufactured in 1989) which
employs two LED displays (driven by ICL71xxx family chip), one of the
displays is 1 and 1/2 digits, RED color common anode display (MAN6730) ...
It crosses to an NTE3076:

http://www.nteinc.com/specs/3000to30...nte3076_77.pdf

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/produc...E3076-/NTE3076

- Franc Zabkar

Thank you !

Is there any "NTE" replacement for MAN6700 ?

No, but you can always chect the online reference yourself:

http://nte01.nteinc.com/nte/NTExRefSemiProd.nsf/$$Search?OpenForm

I already did, and there is none.

Thanks.