Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default How to open a LINKSYS/CISCO WAG160N or WRT54G2

Can someone please shine a light on how to open this new style linksys
casings .

Is it possible to make external antenna connectors ??

thanks

nitro2

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 08:40:33 +0200, "nitro2"
wrote:

Can someone please shine a light on how to open this new style linksys
casings .

Find the FCC ID number on the serial number sticker.
Go unto:
http://www.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid/
and inscribe the number into the form. It should product the FCC type
certification documentation which includes photos of the inside of the
products. That should give you a clue as to how it's assembled.

Also:
http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/images/stories/wireless/linksys_wrt54g2_wrt110/linksys_wrt54g2v1_board.jpg

Is it possible to make external antenna connectors ??

Sure. See the two coax cables in the photo above? Add RP-SMA
connectors and a pigtail and you have external antennas. Just don't
tell the FCC that I told you so.
# 831-336-2558
# http://802.11junk.com
#
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com AE6KS
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

Can someone please shine a light on how to open this new style linksys
casings .

Find the FCC ID number on the serial number sticker.
Go unto:
http://www.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid/
and inscribe the number into the form. It should product the FCC type
certification documentation which includes photos of the inside of the
products. That should give you a clue as to how it's assembled.

Also:
http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/images/stories/wireless/linksys_wrt54g2_wrt110/linksys_wrt54g2v1_board.jpg

Sorry, you have no access to this site..... Duuuu...
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

Can someone please shine a light on how to open this new style linksys
casings .

Find the FCC ID number on the serial number sticker.
Go unto:
http://www.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid/
and inscribe the number into the form. It should product the FCC type
certification documentation which includes photos of the inside of the
products. That should give you a clue as to how it's assembled.

Also:
http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/images/stories/wireless/linksys_wrt54g2_wrt110/linksys_wrt54g2v1_board.jpg

Sorry, you have no access to this site..... Duuuu...

No clue what might be wrong. Both the above URL's work for me on two
different machine. You might want to check if your web browser is
mangling or wrapping the URL or that your router, ISP, or government
is blocking access to the FCC or to SmallNetBuilder.

# 831-336-2558
# http://802.11junk.com
#
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com AE6KS
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

[...]

qoute
Sorry, but you don't have permission to access
/images/stories/wireless/linksys_wrt54g2_wrt110/linksys_wrt54g2v1_board.jpg
on this site.
/quote

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

[...]

No mangling, The site tells me I have no permission, I presume
there is a login required.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
Allodoxaphobia wrote:

No clue what might be wrong. Both the above URL's work for me on two
different machine. You might want to check if your web browser is
mangling or wrapping the URL or that your router, ISP, or government
is blocking access to the FCC or to SmallNetBuilder.

qoute
Sorry, but you don't have permission to access
/images/stories/wireless/linksys_wrt54g2_wrt110/linksys_wrt54g2v1_board.jpg
on this site.
/quote

Same here.

I have a hunch that SmallNetBuilder's web server may be set up to
forbid access to images, unless the image is being referenced from
within another document which was served from their site (i.e. they're
checking the Referer header in the HTTP request). This is done, by
some sites, in order to prevent other sites from linking directly to
the site's content and imagery and bypassing their higher-level
document structure (a.k.a. "leeching" images).

What's the actual click-path needed to navigate from
http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/ to the article which has this image in
it?

--
Dave Platt AE6EO
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Here it is:

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/content/view/30484/96/
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 18:18:22 -0700, (Dave Platt)
wrote:

I have a hunch that SmallNetBuilder's web server may be set up to
forbid access to images, unless the image is being referenced from
within another document which was served from their site (i.e. they're
checking the Referer header in the HTTP request). This is done, by
some sites, in order to prevent other sites from linking directly to
the site's content and imagery and bypassing their higher-level
document structure (a.k.a. "leeching" images).

I don't think so. The SmallNetBuilder web pile seems to have been
revised recently. It looks very different now. I'm also having
problems finding articles that I know were previously there. My
guess(tm) is that I somehow referenced an earlier version of the
article's URL, instead of the new and allegedly improved URL. Here's
the image again using the new sites URL form:
http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/myincludes/image_page.php?/images/stories/wireless/linksys_wrt54g2_wrt110/linksys_wrt54g2v1_board.jpg
I just tried it on a virgin web browser (on my Ubunto laptop) that did
not view the main article previously. Works for me.

What's the actual click-path needed to navigate from
http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/ to the article which has this image in
it?

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558