Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Old Grundig Radio ...

Anybody still got, by any remote chance, a schematic for a Grundig Yacht Boy
model 208 that they could scan and let me have pronto ?

Note that the model number is very specific. There were many different
radios produced by Grundig under the "Yacht Boy" flag. I'm sure that there
must have been a "Trader" service sheet for it, but all of mine have long
since gone ...

TIA

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Arfa Daily wrote:
Anybody still got, by any remote chance, a schematic for a Grundig Yacht Boy
model 208 that they could scan and let me have pronto ?

Note that the model number is very specific. There were many different
radios produced by Grundig under the "Yacht Boy" flag. I'm sure that there
must have been a "Trader" service sheet for it, but all of mine have long
since gone ...

TIA

Arfa

I just did a google test, 62k hits on the subject, 1.7k, specifying
"Service Manuals"

Of course, the only hitch is, you need to give them money !

Is there a problem with that?

I find that if a quick search does not yield a decent print that gives
me all that I need, Putting that much time into looking for it in
general, warrants paying a nominal fee for a service manual that is in
good shape.

Don't be cheap!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Jamie" t wrote in message
Arfa Daily wrote:
[...]

Yeah. Right. But hardly in the spirit of usenet, is it ? Over many years, I
have given freely of my time, professional expertise, and many thousands of
service manuals to any and all who have asked on this group. I have spent
hours scanning paper originals just to help out someone who needs a
schematic. Am I really being "cheap" as you so quaintly put it, asking
occasionally for someone to reciprocate ? No ? I don't think so either,
Jamie ...

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Don't be cheap!

Yeah. Right. But hardly in the spirit of usenet, is it ? Over many years,

have given freely of my time, professional expertise, and many thousands

of
service manuals to any and all who have asked on this group. I have spent
hours scanning paper originals just to help out someone who needs a
schematic. Am I really being "cheap" as you so quaintly put it, asking
occasionally for someone to reciprocate ? No ? I don't think so either,
Jamie ...

Arfa

You can always ask. The expectation that it is deserved is the recurring
mindset of thieves.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Arfa Daily wrote:

"Jamie" t wrote in message
Arfa Daily wrote:
[...]

Arfa, ask on news:rec.antiques.radio+phono which is mostly pre '60s
radios, but there are several transistor radio collectors on there.
Ignore Bill Turner and the other couple curmudgeons. If anyone has the
manual you need, they will give it to you.

Ignore 'jamie', he is another illiterate troll. His real name is
Maynard A. Philbrook, Jr.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

JB wrote:
Don't be cheap!

Yeah. Right. But hardly in the spirit of usenet, is it ? Over many years,

have given freely of my time, professional expertise, and many thousands

of
service manuals to any and all who have asked on this group. I have spent
hours scanning paper originals just to help out someone who needs a
schematic. Am I really being "cheap" as you so quaintly put it, asking
occasionally for someone to reciprocate ? No ? I don't think so either,
Jamie ...

Arfa

You can always ask. The expectation that it is deserved is the recurring
mindset of thieves.

Time for your meds and to get your diaper changed little one...run along
now, there's a good little tyke. plonk

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Arfa Daily wrote:
"Jamie" t wrote in message
Arfa Daily wrote:
[...]

If they don't have it try de.sci.electronics. I think I've seen a post
or two from you there before. Posting in English is ok and the chances
of someone having such a schematic is a lot higher than here. Yacht Boy
radios were sort of a "must have" among German travelers.

If all else fails, this guy seems to have it for 5 Euros:

http://www.radio-antik.de/prod24.htm

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Arfa Daily wrote:

"Jamie" t wrote in message

Arfa Daily wrote:

[...]

Oh big deal, **** head!.

I can say that I am not a sucking leach of the likes of you and what
you're trying to promote..

It's bad enough that you have be an ignoramus leach, you need to go
on and promote it for others to do also.

You cheap, leach sucking good for nothing **** head and most likely
always have your hands out for something that's free while you stab the
knife in their back as they walk away..

Yes, I know you voted for Obama, just so that you could become part
of his free loaders on top of what you already do..

P.S.

I just happen to be one of those working class that must pay for
leaches like you.

Its a shame that many get lead down that dark path by the likes of you.

What a prize.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Oh boy. I wish I'd never asked ... Thanks to the sensible respondents

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Joerg wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Arfa Daily wrote:

"Jamie" t wrote in
message

Arfa Daily wrote:

[...]

That's all well and fine how ever, that would mean that monetary
exchange would have to take place, it's obvious something that
"Michael A. Terrell" feels shouldn't be practiced.

I've paid a lot over the years for service manuals and had no issues
doing so. The information given is well worth it, how ever, you have
some that'll give you a song and dance like they only need it for their
own personal reference and end up of course, laughing all the way to the
bank as they make their mark on the final results!.

That's real gratitude for you.
Service manuals are like test equipment. Should one also expect the
equipment to be freely given out? Oh yeah, the shipping and packaging
should also be included for free.!

All things cost.

1. Labor.

2. Material.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Jamie wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Arfa Daily wrote:

"Jamie" t wrote in message

Arfa Daily wrote:

[...]

What am I trying to promote? I tell someone where they can find the
information they need, usually for free.

It's bad enough that you have be an ignoramus leach, you need to go
on and promote it for others to do also.

Ignoramus? Wow, did your mommy spell that for you? You are the one
who rarely posts anything that makes sense, like another of yours today
about a 'bus bare'. Its no wonder you rarely post on
sci.electronics.design any more. Everyone there knows you are useless.

You cheap, leach sucking good for nothing **** head and most likely
always have your hands out for something that's free while you stab the
knife in their back as they walk away..

Yawn. you are afraid to tell anyone where you supposedly work, troll.

I am retirement age and no longer able to work, thanks to the
Veterans Administration. While working, I engineered at three TV
stations, one which I built from an empty building. I built
communication equipment for the International Space Station. A turnkey
earth station for NOAA's LEO earth stations to receive their weather
data that included tracking controls for their 100 foot sat dishes. the
improved design locked onto their birds a full five minutes over the
horizon, due to the improved Doppler compensation we developed. I
worked on both tracking stations for the European Space Agency. One
fixed system and one mobile, since they don't have the empty space that
NASA does for their launches.

I give away a lot of free computer equipment to the disabled and low
income families in my area, even though it costs me money to pick it up
and test it to keep it out of the landfill.

Yes, I know you voted for Obama, just so that you could become part
of his free loaders on top of what you already do..

YAwn. No, I didn't vote for your pimp. As a sign here said, 'Vote
for the old dude and the hot chick!'

P.S.

I just happen to be one of those working class that must pay for
leaches like you.

You couldn't pay for a Big Mac on what you get for being a janitor.
I worked most of my life, including time in the US army where I tested
out of a three year engineering school. Its easy to find me in the DOD
personnel records database, if you have enough clearance to search them.

Its a shame that many get lead down that dark path by the likes of you.

What dark path? You are the one with 666 on your forehead.

What a prize.

Your mother lied to you. You are no prize. Its time for you to
empty the trash cans again.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Arfa Daily wrote:

Oh boy. I wish I'd never asked ... Thanks to the sensible respondents

Arfa

Good luck, arfa.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Jamie wrote:

Joerg wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Arfa Daily wrote:

"Jamie" t wrote in
message

Arfa Daily wrote:

[...]

You are the one who is always whinig about money.

I've paid a lot over the years for service manuals and had no issues
doing so. The information given is well worth it, how ever, you have
some that'll give you a song and dance like they only need it for their
own personal reference and end up of course, laughing all the way to the
bank as they make their mark on the final results!.

That's real gratitude for you.
Service manuals are like test equipment. Should one also expect the
equipment to be freely given out? Oh yeah, the shipping and packaging
should also be included for free.!

All things cost.

1. Labor.

2. Material.

Yawn.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Jamie wrote:

Joerg wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Arfa Daily wrote:

"Jamie" t wrote in
message

Arfa Daily wrote:

[...]

Pond scum!.

classical.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Jamie wrote:

Pond scum!.

You think too highly of yourself. You barely rate Amoeba

classical.

No thanks. I prefer Bluegrass, real American music. Not some German
or French import.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

After I've been to the dentist, I'll scan in and email to a......@ntl.....

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I've had this statement on my main page
"If anyone finds something useful in the information above especially in the
tips and repair briefs if they would like to mail me a dollar or whatever I
will donate to charity and acknowledge here"
for 8 years.

For 2 weeks I added a stat-tracker to those files, requiring excessive
downloading of data, as limited to a log of 100 visits, loosing some
overnight when USA is awake. I know from the symptoms and make and model put
into search engines , about 3 people a week got spot on diagnosis of
repairs, over those 2 weeks.
Guess how many donations I've made to charity over those 8 years?

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"N_Cook" wrote in message
Arfa Daily wrote in message
Oh boy. I wish I'd never asked ... Thanks to the sensible respondents

Arfa

After I've been to the dentist, I'll scan in and email to a......@ntl.....

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Thanks a lot Mr Cook sir. You are indeed a gentleman and a scholar ! If it
makes it easier, I am mainly interested in the bit of schematic that has the
battery / AC-DC switching / power on-off switching on it.

I hope that your dentist is as good as mine, and doesn't cause you too much
grief ! Have a good weekend.

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Arfa Daily wrote:
I hope that your dentist is as good as mine, and doesn't cause you too much
grief ! Have a good weekend.

I've long suspected that you really were in New Jersey, and faking the whole
UK thing. Now I have proof. Everyone knows there are no good dentists in
England.

(just kidding).

Geoff.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message
Oh boy. I wish I'd never asked ... Thanks to the sensible respondents

Arfa

I've uploaded the ERT sheet for the GYB208 to
News:alt.binaries.pictures.radio its zipped with Izarc in case your zip app
has any trouble with it.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Geoffrey S. Mendelson" wrote in message
Arfa Daily wrote:
I hope that your dentist is as good as mine, and doesn't cause you too
much
grief ! Have a good weekend.

I've long suspected that you really were in New Jersey, and faking the
whole
UK thing. Now I have proof. Everyone knows there are no good dentists in
England.

(just kidding).

Geoff.

Actually, there doesn't seem to be a lot of 'em - s'true. I have however,
been very lucky with mine. He is a proper BDS, and I have been going to him
virtually since he graduated. He still has as much enthusiasm for the job
now, as he did back then all those years ago. He really does 'live'
dentistry. It's not just a job to him. It's his life's passion, and he is
superb at it. Over the years, I have pointed many friends and colleagues in
his direction, and I can't think of a single one that has ever had a bad
word to say about him. I dread the day that he ever retires ...

New Jersey ?? Where did that one come from ... :-)

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

| "Arfa Daily" wrote in message
| Oh boy. I wish I'd never asked ... Thanks to the sensible respondents
|
| Arfa

Sent direct, and also uploaded to
http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download...Boy%20208.html
if anyone else is interested.

Colin@CATronics.

avagoodweekend.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Arfa Daily wrote:

New Jersey ?? Where did that one come from ... :-)

The old Internet "wisdom" that the 18 year old bi-curious well built
blonde California beach bunny, whom you just met in a chat room, and would
love to come to your home with her equally good looking girlfriend, if
you sent her your credit card number so that they could buy airplane
tickets is really a 50 year old bald guy with a beer gut and a 3 day
growth of beard, sitting in a basement in New Jersey.

They also inhabit dating sites some of which claim to screen their members.

Geoff.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

Arfa Daily wrote:

New Jersey ?? Where did that one come from ... :-)

The old Internet "wisdom" that the 18 year old bi-curious well built
blonde California beach bunny, whom you just met in a chat room, and would
love to come to your home with her equally good looking girlfriend, if
you sent her your credit card number so that they could buy airplane
tickets is really a 50 year old bald guy with a beer gut and a 3 day
growth of beard, sitting in a basement in New Jersey.

They also inhabit dating sites some of which claim to screen their members.

Geoff.

Don't forget, He most likely has nothing on and hair all over him!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Bob Larter wrote:

Bugger all?

No one has that much free time! ;-)

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Bob Larter wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
I give away a lot of free computer equipment to the disabled and low
income families in my area, even though it costs me money to pick it up
and test it to keep it out of the landfill.

Michael, you are to be congratulated for this. I'm trying to do
something similar, as I'm good as mixing & matching old PC parts to make
working systems, but it's hard to get them to the people who can use them.

Contact Veterans groups, and local agencies that deal with the
disabled. Also, your military when released from active duty so they
can look for jobs. You can call local schools to find needy families.
Give them to nursing homes, or just offer them on Freecycle or Craigs
List if there is a local group.

Older computers with limited memory and tiny hard drives will be
going to a day care center where they kill a lot of Windows 95
computers. That is better than sending them to the landfill, and they
don't need a good modem or network card.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Bob Larter wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
I give away a lot of free computer equipment to the disabled and

low
income families in my area, even though it costs me money to pick it

up
and test it to keep it out of the landfill.

Michael, you are to be congratulated for this. I'm trying to do
something similar, as I'm good as mixing & matching old PC parts to make
working systems, but it's hard to get them to the people who can use

them.

Contact Veterans groups, and local agencies that deal with the
disabled. Also, your military when released from active duty so they
can look for jobs. You can call local schools to find needy families.
Give them to nursing homes, or just offer them on Freecycle or Craigs
List if there is a local group.

Older computers with limited memory and tiny hard drives will be
going to a day care center where they kill a lot of Windows 95
computers. That is better than sending them to the landfill, and they
don't need a good modem or network card.

This is interesting. I have done some of the same type of thing. I now
refuse most of that stuff or direct it to a few recyclers or it piles up. I
can't afford the real estate for that kind of storage. I hope no one is
offended, just an observation, but people who receive retirement or other
benefit, even independently wealthy, tend not to work toward a return on a
financial investment because the pressure is off. Although I have helped
out at the local church, I find that if I donate too much of my labor, it
depletes resources that could have been more useful, such as HIRING
Veterans, Handicapped, Unemployed and Homeless.

BTW I would hire someone off the street, face to face before wasting time
wading through a million e-mails.

And since when do nursing homes and day care centers need to play with
computers when they should be changing diapers and breaking up squabbles and
kissing playground boo boos?

Granted though, the Internet is more informative and entertaining than the
boob tube.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

JB wrote:

Bob Larter wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
I give away a lot of free computer equipment to the disabled and

low
income families in my area, even though it costs me money to pick it

up
and test it to keep it out of the landfill.

Michael, you are to be congratulated for this. I'm trying to do
something similar, as I'm good as mixing & matching old PC parts to make
working systems, but it's hard to get them to the people who can use

them.

Contact Veterans groups, and local agencies that deal with the
disabled. Also, your military when released from active duty so they
can look for jobs. You can call local schools to find needy families.
Give them to nursing homes, or just offer them on Freecycle or Craigs
List if there is a local group.

Older computers with limited memory and tiny hard drives will be
going to a day care center where they kill a lot of Windows 95
computers. That is better than sending them to the landfill, and they
don't need a good modem or network card.

This is interesting. I have done some of the same type of thing. I now
refuse most of that stuff or direct it to a few recyclers or it piles up. I
can't afford the real estate for that kind of storage. I hope no one is
offended, just an observation, but people who receive retirement or other
benefit, even independently wealthy, tend not to work toward a return on a
financial investment because the pressure is off. Although I have helped
out at the local church, I find that if I donate too much of my labor, it
depletes resources that could have been more useful, such as HIRING
Veterans, Handicapped, Unemployed and Homeless.

What does that have to do with keeping electronics out of a landfill,
and giving it to people who couldn't afford to pay anything more than
the electric bill to run it? Who is going to pay your 'Veterans,
Handicapped, Unemployed and Homeless' to do work that generates no
income?

BTW I would hire someone off the street, face to face before wasting time
wading through a million e-mails.

And since when do nursing homes and day care centers need to play with
computers when they should be changing diapers and breaking up squabbles and
kissing playground boo boos?

A computer can help the elderly keep their mind sharp by letting them
write letters and do other things that keep them from vegetating.

The day care center uses the older computers for preschool age
children to teach them to read, and do simple math. The one I have in
mind can not run the software they use on NT/XP/linux based systems, due
to its age.