DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Lafayette Reel-to-Reel RK-137a (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/279535-lafayette-reel-reel-rk-137a.html)

[email protected] June 1st 09 10:13 PM

Lafayette Reel-to-Reel RK-137a

Greetings Group,

Does anyone have any info on an old mono Lafayette RK-137a Recorder?
Solid state Rectifier but one 9 pin socket and two 7 pin. My best
guess is 12ax7/12at7 --- 2X 6aq5. Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks much,

Tony WA6LZH

Tim Schwartz June 2nd 09 02:14 PM

wrote:
Greetings Group,

Does anyone have any info on an old mono Lafayette RK-137a Recorder?
Solid state Rectifier but one 9 pin socket and two 7 pin. My best
guess is 12ax7/12at7 --- 2X 6aq5. Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks much,

Tony WA6LZH

Tony,

It's listed in my 1965 Lafayette catalog, but unfortunately they do not
give a tube breakdown. However, I can tell you that it was $89.50 in
the catalog,or $8.00 per month. Frequency response of 40-15000 at 7.5
ips or 40-9000 at 3.75 ips. S/N ratio of 40dB. It even has a
"Specifically Designed Heavy-Duty 6x4" PM Speaker" and came complete
with Mike, Shielded patch cords and a 7" empty reel.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

Sofa Slug June 3rd 09 11:13 PM

wrote:
Greetings Group,

Does anyone have any info on an old mono Lafayette RK-137a Recorder?
Solid state Rectifier but one 9 pin socket and two 7 pin. My best
guess is 12ax7/12at7 --- 2X 6aq5. Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks much,

Tony WA6LZH

You might ask he
http://obsoletemedia.com/geeklog/for...ex.php?forum=2
or maybe over on rec.antiques.radio+phono

The manual is available (about $15 postpaid):
http://www.classicradiomanuals.com/catalog/news111.htm

Dave M[_2_] June 4th 09 12:20 AM

"Sofa Slug" wrote in message
Greetings Group,

Does anyone have any info on an old mono Lafayette RK-137a Recorder?
Solid state Rectifier but one 9 pin socket and two 7 pin. My best
guess is 12ax7/12at7 --- 2X 6aq5. Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks much,

Tony WA6LZH

You might ask he
http://obsoletemedia.com/geeklog/for...ex.php?forum=2
or maybe over on rec.antiques.radio+phono

The manual is available (about $15 postpaid):
http://www.classicradiomanuals.com/catalog/news111.htm

The manual is also available from
http://www.agtannenbaum.com/l_cat.html#lafayette ($14.00)
and
http://www.manualman.com/index.cfm?v...a&isManual=Yes
($13.75)

Cheers!!!

--
Dave M
masondg44 at comcast dot net

One good thing about Alzheimer's; you get to meet new people every day.

Sherm[_2_] December 22nd 19 12:37 AM

Lafayette Reel-to-Reel RK-137a

responding to
http://www.electrondepot.com/repair/...37a-18041-.htm
, Sherm wrote:
tangerame wrote:

Greetings Group,

Does anyone have any info on an old mono Lafayette RK-137a Recorder?
Solid state Rectifier but one 9 pin socket and two 7 pin. My best
guess is 12ax7/12at7 --- 2X 6aq5. Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks much,

Tony WA6LZH

Yes, I know this is 10 years old, but during the two week "holiday season" I'm
going through the 'treasures' in the basement, and I have an RK-137A, and its
manual. Tubes are

12AX7 to left of volume control
12AU7 behind tone control
6AQ5 behind 12AU7

Ralph Mowery December 22nd 19 12:40 AM

Lafayette Reel-to-Reel RK-137a

In article irect.com,
says...
Does anyone have any info on an old mono Lafayette RK-137a Recorder?
Solid state Rectifier but one 9 pin socket and two 7 pin. My best
guess is 12ax7/12at7 --- 2X 6aq5. Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks much,

Tony WA6LZH

Yes, I know this is 10 years old, but during the two week "holiday season" I'm
going through the 'treasures' in the basement, and I have an RK-137A, and its
manual. Tubes are

12AX7 to left of volume control
12AU7 behind tone control
6AQ5 behind 12AU7

Someone miscounted the number of pins. The 12ax7 and 12au7 tubes have 9
pins and the 6aq5 has 7 pins.