Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Lafayette Reel-to-Reel RK-137a

Greetings Group,

Does anyone have any info on an old mono Lafayette RK-137a Recorder?
Solid state Rectifier but one 9 pin socket and two 7 pin. My best
guess is 12ax7/12at7 --- 2X 6aq5. Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks much,

Tony WA6LZH
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Sofa Slug" wrote in message
Greetings Group,

Does anyone have any info on an old mono Lafayette RK-137a Recorder?
Solid state Rectifier but one 9 pin socket and two 7 pin. My best
guess is 12ax7/12at7 --- 2X 6aq5. Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks much,

Tony WA6LZH

You might ask he
http://obsoletemedia.com/geeklog/for...ex.php?forum=2
or maybe over on rec.antiques.radio+phono

The manual is available (about $15 postpaid):
http://www.classicradiomanuals.com/catalog/news111.htm

The manual is also available from
http://www.agtannenbaum.com/l_cat.html#lafayette ($14.00)
and
http://www.manualman.com/index.cfm?v...a&isManual=Yes
($13.75)

Cheers!!!

--
Dave M
masondg44 at comcast dot net

One good thing about Alzheimer's; you get to meet new people every day.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

responding to
http://www.electrondepot.com/repair/...37a-18041-.htm
, Sherm wrote:
tangerame wrote:

Greetings Group,

Does anyone have any info on an old mono Lafayette RK-137a Recorder?
Solid state Rectifier but one 9 pin socket and two 7 pin. My best
guess is 12ax7/12at7 --- 2X 6aq5. Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks much,

Tony WA6LZH

Yes, I know this is 10 years old, but during the two week "holiday season" I'm
going through the 'treasures' in the basement, and I have an RK-137A, and its
manual. Tubes are

12AX7 to left of volume control
12AU7 behind tone control
6AQ5 behind 12AU7