Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Looking for a way of turning a cable/tv signal/picture 90 degrees?

Looking for a way of turning a cable/tv signal/picture 90 degrees?

I have 3 large tv turned on it side to make one large display. I am
running a live signal through it and want to figure a way to turn the
signal 90 degrees so it is showing upright. The software
(MagicImagePro from Samsung) is woefully lacking documentation and
functionality when it comes to doing this so I am thinking there is a
box or a way to do this before it reaches the TV through the cable.
Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

What's driving the TVs? Is it a computer video card?

If so, you may have all that you need in the video driver's properties
screen.

If not, I think some kind of a video effects processor will be what you
need--something that can take the image, "rotate" it as you need and then
send it out again. There may be distortion introduced by doing this.

William

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

If not, I think some kind of a video effects processor will be what you
need--something that can take the image, "rotate" it as you need and then
send it out again. There may be distortion introduced by doing this.

William

The issue is that this is live video coming through...
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 5/28/2009 4:26 PM daviddschool spake thus:

If not, I think some kind of a video effects processor will be what you
need--something that can take the image, "rotate" it as you need and then
send it out again. There may be distortion introduced by doing this.

The issue is that this is live video coming through...

Why is that an issue? Video is video.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hi!

The issue is that this is live video coming through...

I don't think this will be a problem--if the video is coming from a
computer's video card, telling it that your screen is rotated will fix the
problem immediately and for all subsequent displays. Even a video effects
device will operate quickly, with only a minimal delay for processing.

William