Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Looking for an IC MAX1889

I have a MAG LT782 monitor that I am trying to repair. I found the
problem, it has a bad voltage regulator on the LC display PWB. The
device is a MAX1889 and is a SMD device. It seems I will not be able to
buy a single device since the suppliers are not geared to selling repair
parts. The data sheet is at:
http://datasheets.maxim-ic.com/en/ds/MAX1889.pdf

My options then are to find a display that is scrap and remove the part
from it or appeal to those who might have a scrap display for the part.
That is what I am doing here.

I hear that it is a commonly used component in such LCD's, so I doubt
that it would be limited to a MAG monitor. I removed the old device
with a razor blade and feel a repair part could also be removed that
way. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it. Thanks.