Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default WTD: TTL cross reference..

I've taken some time to search this out, and cannot find anything
satisfactory. I am doing an inventory of a massive bulk buy of
4000/7400/8000/9000 series parts and findning descriptions is easy
enough. But I am looking for a close to complete and valid cross
reference guide. I know a few of these can be used in place of others,
but am looking to validate that. has anyone compiled a good cross for
these yet? TIA.

- Matt
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Feb 26, 12:15*am, Matty-t wrote:

4000/7400/8000/9000 series parts ...
...I am looking for a close to complete and valid cross
reference guide. I know a few of these can be used in place of others,
but am looking to validate that. has anyone compiled a good cross for
these yet? TIA.

Not likely. There are 'replacement guides' that marketing
departments use to steer customers to their employer,
but in general the info made available is as much FUD
as possible.

I recall Fairchild once noted that their 4000 CMOS was
compatible with their LSTTL because the temperature
tracking meant that worst-case current for CMOS was
at high temperature, but worst-case current for LSTTL
was at low temperature. So, they claimed all Fairchild
4000 series would drive any Fairchild LSTTL, at equal
temperatures, THEN cautioned that the same 'might not'
hold true of any other manufacturer's parts.

RCA had a completely different analysis of TTL/CMOS
compatibility. You could never be sure if the RCA
part and the Fairchild part were compatible, not from
the data sheet, nor from the ancillary claims.

Old HP transistor cross reference Telespalla Bob Electronics Repair 2 April 17th 08 09:31 PM
LOOKING FOR TRIAC CROSS REFERENCE nucleus Electronics Repair 1 October 17th 07 06:17 AM
LCD inverter cross reference pdf JW Electronics Repair 0 August 3rd 07 06:22 PM
CRT cross reference [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 October 2nd 06 04:58 PM
need cross reference help marfalla Electronics Repair 2 January 28th 05 01:49 PM