DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   The group you are posting to is a Usenet group. Messages posted tothis group will make your email address visible to anyone on the Internet. (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/271688-group-you-posting-usenet-group-messages-posted-tothis-group-will-make-your-email-address-visible-anyone-internet.html)

gro February 20th 09 04:06 AM

Adrian C February 20th 09 12:43 PM

gro wrote:
The group you are posting to is a Usenet group. Messages posted to
this group will make your email address visible to anyone on the
Internet.

Unless you don't use google groups ...

--
Adrian C

Samuel M. Goldwasser[_2_] February 20th 09 01:32 PM

Adrian C writes:

gro wrote:
The group you are posting to is a Usenet group. Messages posted to
this group will make your email address visible to anyone on the
Internet.

Unless you don't use google groups ...

Right, it depends on how you access USENET. In many cases, you can set
it up your email, etc., anyway you want.

--
sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/

Adrian C February 20th 09 11:39 PM

Samuel M. Goldwasser wrote:
Adrian C writes:

Right, it depends on how you access USENET. In many cases, you can set
it up your email, etc., anyway you want.

--

The OP "message" is actually warning text that is displayed inside the
web posting interface of Google. Looking back through google ye see

:-)

Sam, can you try placing a single space after the two dashes?

i.e. "-- "

Thunderbird is repeating the whole of your wordy sig when I reply, which
is a bit dumb on it's part ....

--
Adrian C

David Nebenzahl February 21st 09 01:53 AM

The group you are posting to is a Usenet group

On 2/20/2009 4:43 AM Adrian C spake thus:

gro wrote:

The group you are posting to is a Usenet group. Messages posted to
this group will make your email address visible to anyone on the
Internet.

Unless you don't use google groups ...

and unless you use a completely phony "from:" address, as I do.

--
Personally, I like Vista, but I probably won't use it. I like it
upgrades. As long as there is hardware and software out there that

- lifted from sci.electronics.repair