Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Ceramic capacitor code ?

In my junk I have quite a few dirty orange disc ceramic capacitors
marked EKC CK63Y 103Z and EKC CK61Y 102Z. I know that they are 0.01 and
0.001 uufd respectively but I can't find anything on the working
voltage. Anyone out there have any ideas?

--
Thanks & 73
Hank WD5JFR

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 14:35:09 -0600, "Henry Kolesnik"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

In my junk I have quite a few dirty orange disc ceramic capacitors
marked EKC CK63Y 103Z and EKC CK61Y 102Z. I know that they are 0.01 and
0.001 uufd respectively but I can't find anything on the working
voltage. Anyone out there have any ideas?

http://www.searchlighttech.com/searc...part=CK63Y103Z
ERIE CK63Y103Z .01MFD-1KVDC

http://www.usbid.com/search/AddPartNoLogin_action.cfm
CK63Y103Z .01MFD-1KVDC ERIE

Military specs for CK61 and CK63 capacitors:
http://www.dscc.dla.mil/Downloads/Mi...l11015ss12.pdf
http://www.dscc.dla.mil/Downloads/Mi...015ss10am1.pdf

FWIW, this supplier lists capacitors by Murata Erie:
http://www.capacitorsupply.com/csi-lc.htm

The US Patent Office lists several patents for capacitors, including
ceramic types, assigned to Erie Technological Products Inc, eg ...

US Pat. 3153753 - Filed Jan 25, 1961
US Pat. 3467898 - Filed Aug 7, 1968
US Pat. 3988651 - Filed May 23, 1975
US Pat. 4388415 - Filed Sep 30, 1981

In 1981 Erie was acquired by Murata:
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m..._20069789/pg_4

"In 1981, Mr. Murata decided he would like to acquire Erie
Technological Products, which at that time was an old-line North
American manufacturer of capacitors."

BTW, my guess is that the CK61Y capacitor has a rating of at least
500V, possibly 1KV, if "Y" is the voltage designator.

- Franc Zabkar