Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Help find Canon N3 connector for SLR camera remotes

For camera instrumentation products I make, I have to pay $20/each for this
Canon proprietary N3 connector that I cannibalize off a third-party remote
gadget. Does anyone know of a source? Looks like this:

http://www.truetex.com/n3.jpg
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Richard J Kinch wrote in message
. ..
For camera instrumentation products I make, I have to pay $20/each for

this
Canon proprietary N3 connector that I cannibalize off a third-party remote
gadget. Does anyone know of a source? Looks like this:

http://www.truetex.com/n3.jpg

Mould your own, they're moulded on anyway it seems , in your pic. If LV then
black formulation of hot hot-melt , some pins, wire, make a plug and then
multi-mould .

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 13:16:39 -0600, Richard J Kinch
wrote:

For camera instrumentation products I make, I have to pay $20/each for this
Canon proprietary N3 connector that I cannibalize off a third-party remote
gadget. Does anyone know of a source? Looks like this:

http://www.truetex.com/n3.jpg

Not exactly the original source, but this should be helpful:
http://www.diff.net/peter/photography/canon_n3_connector_info.shtml
http://www.diff.net/media/2003_04_21_Canon_N3_remote_release/
http://www.camerahacker.com/Canon/Canon%20N3%20Connector%20Pin-Out.php
http://www.gophotography.net/tips/releasecanon.html
http://www.flickr.com/photos/broke00000/1758924218/

The Yongnuo RS-C3 seems like the ideal device to butcher for the N3
connector.
http://martybugs.net/gallery/image.cgi?img=IMG_A00253
About $8.50 including shipping on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com.my/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300224576972

# 831-336-2558
#
http://802.11junk.com
#
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com AE6KS
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

For camera instrumentation products I make, I have to pay $20/each for this
Canon proprietary N3 connector that I cannibalize off a third-party remote
gadget. Does anyone know of a source? Looks like this:

http://www.truetex.com/n3.jpg

Not exactly the original source, but this should be helpful:
http://www.diff.net/peter/photography/canon_n3_connector_info.shtml
http://www.diff.net/media/2003_04_21_Canon_N3_remote_release/
http://www.camerahacker.com/Canon/Canon%20N3%20Connector%20Pin-Out.php
http://www.gophotography.net/tips/releasecanon.html
http://www.flickr.com/photos/broke00000/1758924218/

This one on Ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/Remote-Switch-C3...1%7C294%3 A50
claims this compatibility: 20D/30D/40D/5D RS-80N3
and is $8US delivered to the US

John

The Yongnuo RS-C3 seems like the ideal device to butcher for the N3
connector.
http://martybugs.net/gallery/image.cgi?img=IMG_A00253
About $8.50 including shipping on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com.my/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300224576972

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Jeff Liebermann writes:

http://martybugs.net/gallery/image.cgi?img=IMG_A00253

Those and other cheap import units have inferior connectors that are very
unreliable. The $20 item has gold-plated spring-loaded contacts that are
reliable.