DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Resistor Question (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/270252-resistor-question.html)

Jack00 February 2nd 09 10:13 PM

Resistor Question

Theres a resistor I used in the past but I don't know what its
called. It has a red body with no bands on it ie no lines and it
stays cool in high power applications. Does anyone know what it is
called? Thanks

DaveM February 2nd 09 10:34 PM

Resistor Question

"Jack00" wrote in message
Theres a resistor I used in the past but I don't know what its
called. It has a red body with no bands on it ie no lines and it
stays cool in high power applications. Does anyone know what it is
called? Thanks

It's probably called a "Power Resistor".

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer it gets to the end, the faster
it goes.

JeffM February 3rd 09 03:19 AM

Resistor Question

Jack00 wrote:
Theres a resistor I used in the past but I don't know what its
called. It has a red body with no bands on it ie no lines and it
stays cool in high power applications. Does anyone know what it is
called? Thanks

If Dave called it right, it's more brown than red.
It's also visibly hollow.
Anything look familiar?
http://www.google.com/images?q=ohmite+power

Baron[_2_] February 3rd 09 11:02 AM

Resistor Question

wrote:

Look at this chart for the color codes on them.
http://www.victoryradio.com/zenith/i...stor_codes.jpg

LM

Good grief ! 40+ years ago I used to have a copy of that page pinned to
the wall behind the bench to remind me of the value of the colours !

--
Best Regards:
Baron.