Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Resistor Question

Theres a resistor I used in the past but I don't know what its
called. It has a red body with no bands on it ie no lines and it
stays cool in high power applications. Does anyone know what it is
called? Thanks
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Jack00" wrote in message
Theres a resistor I used in the past but I don't know what its
called. It has a red body with no bands on it ie no lines and it
stays cool in high power applications. Does anyone know what it is
called? Thanks

It's probably called a "Power Resistor".

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer it gets to the end, the faster
it goes.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Jack00 wrote:
Theres a resistor I used in the past but I don't know what its
called. It has a red body with no bands on it ie no lines and it
stays cool in high power applications. Does anyone know what it is
called? Thanks

If Dave called it right, it's more brown than red.
It's also visibly hollow.
Anything look familiar?
http://www.google.com/images?q=ohmite+power
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

Look at this chart for the color codes on them.
http://www.victoryradio.com/zenith/i...stor_codes.jpg

LM

Good grief ! 40+ years ago I used to have a copy of that page pinned to
the wall behind the bench to remind me of the value of the colours !

--
Best Regards:
Baron.