Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Panasonic HD Projection TV PT-53WX54J Convergence Help

The vertical linearity on this TV is out of adjustment. Images across
the
bottom of the screen are quite squashed vertically. Does anyone know
how to access the service menu? I found info on the WX53 series but
it does not seem to apply to the WX54.

Thanks, John.

P.S. If this post appears twice I apologise because free.teranews.com
is failing to post or causing a long delay (days).
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article
,
wrote:
The vertical linearity on this TV is out of adjustment. Images across
the bottom of the screen are quite squashed vertically. Does anyone
know how to access the service menu? I found info on the WX53 series
but it does not seem to apply to the WX54.

Can't help but a convergence problem is where the three colours don't line
up on top of one another - mainly restricted to CRT designs.
What you've got is a linearity problem.

--
*Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Dec 30, 3:39*am, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:
In article
,
* wrote:

The vertical linearity on this TV is out of adjustment. *Images across
the bottom of the screen are quite squashed vertically. *Does anyone
know how to access the service menu? *I found info on the WX53 series
but it does not seem to apply to the WX54.

Can't help but a convergence problem is where the three colours don't line
up on top of one another - mainly restricted to CRT designs.
What you've got is a linearity problem.

--
*Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity *

* * Dave Plowman * * * * * * * * London SW
* * * * * * * * * To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Thank you, I stand corrected, I should have used the term Linearity in
the title. John.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
On Dec 30, 3:39 am, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:
In article
,
wrote:

The vertical linearity on this TV is out of adjustment. Images across
the bottom of the screen are quite squashed vertically. Does anyone
know how to access the service menu? I found info on the WX53 series
but it does not seem to apply to the WX54.

Can't help but a convergence problem is where the three colours don't line
up on top of one another - mainly restricted to CRT designs.
What you've got is a linearity problem.

--
*Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Thank you, I stand corrected, I should have used the term Linearity in
the title. John.

Read the first ten posts in the linked thread below and get a copy of the
correct service manual. Getting into the service mode will do you no good
without the rest of the information. The service mode in these sets is not
intuitive at all.

http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...e-repairs.html

Leonard

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Leonard Caillouet" wrote in message
wrote in message
On Dec 30, 3:39 am, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:
In article
,
wrote:

[...]

Thanks Leonard for your advice and a great link. Happy New Year, John.