Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Problem with GAF 2788Z dual 8 projector

Hoping someone knowledgeable about the Dual 8 GAF Projector model
2788z will be willing to lend some advice.

I recently took my parents' GAF 2788Z dual 8 projector out of
the closet to look at old family movies. The projector itself had
little hours of use on it throughout its life time.

The problem is that when the projector is turned on, it feels like it
doesn't have enough power to work properly. The symptoms being that
the reels, the motor, and everything spins very very slow in the
begining. Only after warming up and operating for about a minute,
will it work at normal speed.

I've replace the two rubber tires that spin the reels.
I've replaced and installed a brand new non-stretch rubber/fabric
motor belt.

I've also applied sewing machine oil to the shaft the shutter spins
on.

Did not help. Projector starts out working slow, until it warms up.

What else to look for, and/or adjust?

I've already invested alot of money for the above parts from an
internet site that sells GAF projector parts. Also purchased and
installed a brand new bulb. So I would prefer to repair this
projector, instead of getting a new one.

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final
------------------- ----- ---- -- -

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

s18 wrote in message
[...]

Probably lubricant in a bearing somewhere has gone gummy , matter of
cleanhing out the old stuff.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Join the forums at these two film projection websites:

www.film-center.com

http://16mmfilmtalk.com

Both have projector techs on the forums.