Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.components

Default Need Omron Relay or cross repleacement

Hi

I need a G4Z-2282P the 24V version for an Akai stereo from the mid 80s.

The part is discontinued. I called Omron and then had no information on the
part.

Was wondering if there is a source for discontinued parts or a cross
replacement?

Thanks

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.components

On Nov 4, 11:09*am, "Tube Audio" wrote:
Hi

I need a G4Z-2282P *the 24V version for an Akai stereo from the mid 80s..

The part is discontinued. *I called Omron and then had no information on the
part.

Was wondering if there is a source for discontinued parts or a cross
replacement?

Thanks

Can you measure the coil resistance and try to sub a different similar
one? Lenny
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.components

"Tube Audio" wrote in message
Hi

I need a G4Z-2282P the 24V version for an Akai stereo from the mid 80s.

The part is discontinued. I called Omron and then had no information on the part.

Was wondering if there is a source for discontinued parts or a cross replacement?

Thanks

How about retrofitting a 12V version?....Paul

http://www.partstore.com/Part/Alpine...T58608F01.aspx

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.components

"Tube Audio" wrote in message
Hi

I need a G4Z-2282P the 24V version for an Akai stereo from the mid 80s.

The part is discontinued. I called Omron and then had no information on
the part.

Was wondering if there is a source for discontinued parts or a cross
replacement?

Thanks

You can nearly always find an equivalent.

Take it out and measure the coil resistance and pin spacing/configuration.
Then look here

http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/search/bro...t= relay&Ntx=

You will probably find one with the same pinout and similar coil reistance,
doesn't have to be spot on.

Gareth.