DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   VCR shows white sparkles/specks during playback (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/262454-vcr-shows-white-sparkles-specks-during-playback.html)

[email protected] October 12th 08 11:17 AM

VCR shows white sparkles/specks during playback

My VCR shows White specks during playback of any movie.

What are some common things I could look at in the VCR?

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final
------------------- ----- ---- -- -

b October 12th 08 03:26 PM

On 12 oct, 03:17, s18 ) wrote:
My VCR shows White specks during playback of any movie.

What are some common things I could look at in the VCR?

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final
Web @http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet
------------------- ----- ---- -- -

you need to tighten the brass earthing strip which contacts the centre
of the head drum.very common.

-B

GMAN October 12th 08 07:46 PM

In article , "mark krawczuk" wrote:
tried cleaning the heads ? with cotton bud and metho ?

Never clean a video head with a damn cotton swab. You are just asking to tear
off the delicate video heads!!!!!! you need to use a piece of chamois.

GMAN October 12th 08 07:47 PM

In article , b wrote:
On 12 oct, 03:17, s18 ) wrote:
My VCR shows White specks during playback of any movie.

What are some common things I could look at in the VCR?

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final
Web @http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

you need to tighten the brass earthing strip which contacts the centre
of the head drum.very common.

-B

Agreed!. first place to look is this.

Second would be to clean, third would be to replace heads or junk vcr