Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default How works the rice cookers

Just I would like if somebody can explain how do these appliances
work? of course electrically, somebody explain me that it uses a
electromagnet......
hope you can help
mloo55
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

mloo55 wrote:
Just I would like if somebody can explain how do these appliances
work? of course electrically, somebody explain me that it uses a
electromagnet......
hope you can help
mloo55

Our rice cooker seems to have a regular heating element, coupled with a
springed assembly that looks like it measures the weight of the cooking
pot. Perhaps it keeps cooking until the rate of weight decrease (due to
water evaporation) falls below a certain level.

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock
-----------------
-----------------
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 08:05:22 -0700 (PDT), mloo55
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Just I would like if somebody can explain how do these appliances
work? of course electrically, somebody explain me that it uses a
electromagnet......
hope you can help
mloo55

How Rice Cookers Work:
http://www.howstuffworks.com/rice-cooker.htm

Google patent search results for "rice cooker":
http://www.google.com/patents?as_drr...m=20&scoring=1

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

mloo55 wrote:
Just I would like if somebody can explain how do these appliances
work? of course electrically, somebody explain me that it uses a
electromagnet......
hope you can help
mloo55

It's complicated, like Hammers and Nails !

You put Water in the pan with Rice.

Place the covered pot in the cooker on top of the Heat Sensor and Press
the Switch, which completes the magnetic circuit, which in turn
completes the Electrical circuit to the Heater. In plain english you
manually close a Relay!
The heater causes the water to boil at ~ 100'C., when the water boils
away the temperature rises rapidly and exceeds the "CURIE Point" of the
Magnetic Switch, causing the switch to demagnetize and open. Pressing
the switch now will do nothing until the pot cools down a few degrees !
Several generations of Rice eaters have never tasted "Scorched Rice".

It's been almost 50 years since I last chewed a piece of Scorched Rice
with a bit of salt.
It's like an automatic toaster to bread, When is the last time you
scraped burnt Toast ?

The Curie Point Switch is an industrial Revolution for Rice Cookers. It
is virtually Fool-proof, even fools have difficulty screwing it up.

Yukio YANO

OT - Rice Rocket DIY J T Woodworking 11 December 8th 06 08:30 PM
More Rice Cooker Failures Sylvia Else Electronics Repair 3 August 6th 05 01:10 AM
Rice cooker died Be Electronics Repair 8 May 23rd 05 06:34 PM
OT - Fundies with rice? Cliff Metalworking 3 May 1st 05 12:04 PM
OT = Rice + Bush? Cliff Metalworking 1 March 7th 05 04:49 PM