Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default manualuniverse - warning

I needed a service manual today for my very old car radio-cassette.
The only place I could find that listed the model was
www.manualuniverse.com.

"Remember, your manual is just a click away, since we deliver it within
minutes of your purchase!" the site says.

Just the ticket! Or it would be except that it's now 11 hours since my
purchase and I've heard nothing, and no responses to my email queries.

Buyer beware!

rgds all,
graham.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"graham" wrote in message
I needed a service manual today for my very old car radio-cassette.
The only place I could find that listed the model was www.manualuniverse.com.
"Remember, your manual is just a click away, since we deliver it within
minutes of your purchase!" the site says.

Just the ticket! Or it would be except that it's now 11 hours since my
purchase and I've heard nothing, and no responses to my email queries.
Buyer beware!
rgds all,
graham.

Get your refund from PayPal.
Colin

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

graham wrote:
[...]The only place I could find that listed the model was
manualuniverse.com.
[...]it's now 11 hours since my purchase and I've heard nothing,
and no responses to my email queries.

If you'll learn how to use a search engine,
http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...erse.com+-rgds
these things aren't difficult to check out:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp....universe.co m
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

graham wrote:

I needed a service manual today for my very old car radio-cassette.
The only place I could find that listed the model was
www.manualuniverse.com.

"Remember, your manual is just a click away, since we deliver it within
minutes of your purchase!" the site says.

Just the ticket! Or it would be except that it's now 11 hours since my
purchase and I've heard nothing, and no responses to my email queries.

Buyer beware!

Generally caution is wise with vendors who not give an address, phone,
or other simple, decent means to step on their toes.
On the other hand, 11 hours may be a bit short. I'd recommend to send
them a mail with a "delivery until .." date of, say, 5 days. If they
don't deliver until then, go find out their provider and begin to
harass him.

Regards, and good luck,
H.

PS1 Never believe politicians, banks, vendors, unmarried women.

PS2 manualuniverse.com

Registrant:
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: MANUALUNIVERSE.COM
Created on: 14-Apr-06
Expires on: 14-Apr-10
Last Updated on: 15-Mar-08

Administrative Contact:
Private, Registration
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States
(480) 624-2599

Technical Contact:
Private, Registration
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States
(480) 624-2599

* * * WARNING * * * [email protected] Home Repair 0 November 17th 07 07:57 AM
WARNING: OT SPAM Steve B Home Repair 8 April 5th 07 04:15 AM
A warning Roger Shoaf Woodworking 3 January 5th 07 04:05 AM
OT, language warning! nospambob Home Repair 0 August 10th 05 10:24 PM
OT-Warning to men Gunner Metalworking 14 January 11th 05 07:10 AM