DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   LCD repair (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/260755-lcd-repair.html)

BM5680 September 19th 08 09:03 PM

LCD repair

I have a 52" Sharp Aquos that my kid threw a toy at and cracked the
screen. Can this be repaired? Any idea of cost?

Thanks,

Paul

Joe September 20th 08 02:19 PM

LCD repair

"BM5680" wrote in message
I have a 52" Sharp Aquos that my kid threw a toy at and cracked the
screen. Can this be repaired? Any idea of cost?

Thanks,

Paul

Only way to repair it to get new display element and usually that costs more
than a new TV.

-J-

PanHandler[_2_] September 20th 08 03:20 PM

LCD repair

"BM5680" wrote in message
I have a 52" Sharp Aquos that my kid threw a toy at and cracked the
screen. Can this be repaired? Any idea of cost?

Ever see the Patrick Swayze movie 'Roadhouse'? Build a metal net across the
front of the replacement TV.

junebug1701 September 23rd 08 03:57 AM

LCD repair

On Sep 19, 3:03*pm, BM5680 wrote:
I have a 52" Sharp Aquos that my kid threw a toy at and cracked the
screen. *Can this be repaired? *

Sure, you can give him up for adoption.

No, seriously, you will need a new display. If you can get the part
from Sharp, and pay for shipping, it will probably end up costing
nearly as much as a new TV.