DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   A speaker for tv. (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/259868-speaker-tv.html)

[email protected] September 9th 08 11:47 PM

A speaker for tv.

Does anybody know where I can buy a wireless speaker for my tv set.I
want to place the speaker by my couch and turn down the tv set's built
in speaker sound.
cuhulin

Smitty Two September 10th 08 05:05 AM

A speaker for tv.

In article ,
wrote:

Does anybody know where I can buy a wireless speaker for my tv set.I
want to place the speaker by my couch and turn down the tv set's built
in speaker sound.
cuhulin

Radio Shack. You remember their slogan: "You've got questions. We've got
C students wearing ties."

Michael A. Terrell September 10th 08 05:46 AM

A speaker for tv.

Smitty Two wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

Does anybody know where I can buy a wireless speaker for my tv set.I
want to place the speaker by my couch and turn down the tv set's built
in speaker sound.
cuhulin

Radio Shack. You remember their slogan: "You've got questions. We've got
C students wearing ties."

Their other was "You've got mail, and you're fired'.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.

William Sommerwerck September 10th 08 11:27 AM

A speaker for tv.

I don't know of many cordless speakers (though I think X-10 has a system
that will work with an existing speaker). Cordless 'phones might be a better
choice.

Radio Shack. You remember their slogan: "You've got questions.
We've got C students wearing ties."

Back in April, when I went to buy a digital TV converter, the sales-boy
thought my government discount card was a credit card. I was mad, and let
the manager know. Of course, it was largely his fault. Though the kid must
have been living under a rock.

Adrian C September 10th 08 12:49 PM

A speaker for tv.

wrote:
Does anybody know where I can buy a wireless speaker for my tv set.I
want to place the speaker by my couch and turn down the tv set's built
in speaker sound.
cuhulin

Use a small radio transmitter, the type sold for connection to the
earphone sockent of an MP3 player.

Then listen to a nearby radio set....

--
Adrian C

[email protected] September 10th 08 03:03 PM

A speaker for tv.

I think a speaker like the kind I want is called an induction speaker?
and there are two seperate parts.One part sits by the tv set and the
other part that contains the speaker, I can put it anywhere in my living
room I want to.I know what I want, but I don't know where to buy it.
cuhulin

Spamm Trappe September 10th 08 03:57 PM

A speaker for tv.

On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 09:03:42 -0500, wrote:

I think a speaker like the kind I want is called an induction speaker?

Oh? And, what did Google tell you about that?

I know what I want, but I don't know where to buy it.

No. You don't know how to use a browser.

http://tinyurl.com/5pqecf

Adrian C September 10th 08 04:05 PM

A speaker for tv.

wrote:
I think a speaker like the kind I want is called an induction speaker?
and there are two seperate parts.One part sits by the tv set and the
other part that contains the speaker, I can put it anywhere in my living
room I want to.I know what I want, but I don't know where to buy it.
cuhulin

I think you mean an "induction loop" system commonly used for the hard
of hearing in conjunction with hearing aids, not really with remote
speakers.

The radio solution is cheap and may work with better audio fidelity.

--
Adrian C

[email protected] September 10th 08 04:16 PM

A speaker for tv.

I don't ever wear head phones or ear buds, my eyeglasses are enough for
me.What I want is a little seperate wireless speaker which I can place
on the end table by my side of doggy's couch and turn my tv sets built
in speaker sound down and yet still let me listen to my tv set (Sony
27'' flat screen Wega Trinitron) sound good enough to suit me.
I am not fancy with the technical jargon, but I do know what I want.
cuhulin

Adrian C September 10th 08 04:49 PM

A speaker for tv.

wrote:
I don't ever wear head phones or ear buds, my eyeglasses are enough for
me.What I want is a little seperate wireless speaker

You have a comprehension problem. Can I help you?

I'm not talking about using headphones. Just a standard radio set by
your side, and transmit a signal to it from your TV !!!

http://www.radioshack.com/sm-buy-the-accurian-full-band-fm-transmitter-with-auto-scan--pi-2783644.html

Over and out :-|

--
Adrian C

[email protected] September 10th 08 05:29 PM

A speaker for tv.

There are a lot of need batteries Radio Shack stores around here.OK, I
will check out a Rat Shack store and see what they have.
Dars din ver vedar,,,,,,,,
cuhulin

[email protected] September 10th 08 06:59 PM

A speaker for tv.

I am going back to that auto tech site.Yesterday at high noon, I
plastered some J B Weld stuff on a little water leak area of the timing
chain case cover (yes, there is a water passenge thingy in there) //but
I want to pass sompin into that woman in Petal,Mississippi.Last time I
heard from her bout two years ago, she was interested in that black man
(she and her young daughter are white) down the street from herself.
Good on yer, Gal.Go for it.
cuhulin

[email protected] September 10th 08 07:01 PM

A speaker for tv.

Sheeeeeeeit!
cuhulin

[email protected] September 10th 08 07:02 PM

A speaker for tv.

I hate my eyeglasses.
cuhulin

William Sommerwerck September 11th 08 01:19 AM

A speaker for tv.

"Adrian C" wrote in message

I think a speaker like the kind I want is called an induction speaker?
and there are two seperate parts.One part sits by the tv set and the
other part that contains the speaker, I can put it anywhere in my living
room I want to.I know what I want, but I don't know where to buy it.
cuhulin

I think you mean an "induction loop" system commonly used for the hard
of hearing in conjunction with hearing aids, not really with remote
speakers.

Popular Electronincs had an article on such a system more than 50 years ago!
I set it up for our TV, and built the amplified receiver. It worked very
well.

Ross Herbert September 12th 08 05:23 AM

A speaker for tv.

On Tue, 9 Sep 2008 17:47:33 -0500, wrote:

:Does anybody know where I can buy a wireless speaker for my tv set.I
:want to place the speaker by my couch and turn down the tv set's built
:in speaker sound.
:cuhulin

What you are looking for is a wireless A/V sender/receiver setup which you can
find at any Ratshack or other audio store.

What you need to remember is that both ends of the wireless link need to be
powered from the mains supply. That is not usually a problem at the TV end of
the link but where your seat is located may be a problem. Then there is the
problem that the receiving end of the link needs to be plugged into some sort of
amplifying device to drive a loudspeaker where you sit. All in all not a very
convenient way to go imo. You would be far better of buying a set of wireless
headphones.

eg. something suitable from a wide range shown here.
http://www.nextag.com/wireless-tv-he...es/search-html

Dave Plowman (News) September 12th 08 08:07 AM

A speaker for tv.

In article ,
Ross Herbert wrote:
What you need to remember is that both ends of the wireless link need to
be powered from the mains supply.

Not really - the power they consume is well within reason for batteries.
Although it wouldn't make sense to not mains power the transmitter. And
having to mains power the receiver/speaker sort of negates the whole idea
- you might as well just run a cabled extension speaker.

--
*He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

[email protected] September 12th 08 06:10 PM

A speaker for tv.

All that modern super duper technology rolling around and there are no
speakers available.HUMPH!

I am not going to wear earphones or earbuds.
cuhulin

msg September 12th 08 07:59 PM

A speaker for tv.

wrote:

All that modern super duper technology rolling around and there are no
speakers available.HUMPH!

I am not going to wear earphones or earbuds.
cuhulin

It shouldn't be too difficult to locate battery operated wireless
speakers (the transmitter uses a wall-wart); I passed up some
rather substantial ones (solid heavy cases, features visually
suggestive of careful design, not long ago, at Goodwill --
were priced at $4.99.

Michael

Cracker September 13th 08 12:26 AM

A speaker for tv.

wrote:

All that modern super duper technology rolling around and there
are no speakers available.HUMPH!

I am not going to wear earphones or earbuds.
cuhulin

It shouldn't be too difficult to locate battery operated wireless
speakers (the transmitter uses a wall-wart); I passed up some
rather substantial ones (solid heavy cases, features visually
suggestive of careful design, not long ago, at Goodwill --
were priced at $4.99.

Michael

I bought mine on E-Bay, $40 plus shipping

Ross Herbert September 13th 08 03:42 PM

A speaker for tv.

:
:I am not going to wear earphones or earbuds.
:cuhulin

Yeah, shame about that isn't it? Could be the demand for a system such as you
require is not high enough for anyone to make a buck out of...

Battery powered wireless speakers are not all that common for domestic use
afaik.

[email protected] September 13th 08 07:57 PM

A speaker for tv.

Yeah, it's a shame.I want me a rich old widow woman too, can't find me
one.
cuhulin