DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Toshiba VTV-1415 (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/257532-toshiba-vtv-1415-a.html)

Jack00 August 9th 08 12:59 AM

Toshiba VTV-1415

When I switch this television set on it works fine but after 10
minutes there is field collapse and the sound is ok. I heard it has
an Orion chassis. Does anyone know for which model? What normally
goes wrong here? Thanks

Mark D. Zacharias[_3_] August 9th 08 11:43 AM

Toshiba VTV-1415

"Jack00" wrote in message
When I switch this television set on it works fine but after 10
minutes there is field collapse and the sound is ok. I heard it has
an Orion chassis. Does anyone know for which model? What normally
goes wrong here? Thanks

By "field collapse" do you mean loss of vertical deflection (picture drops
to a single line across the screen from right to left) ?

Vertical problems were frequent on Toshiba chassis sets for a number of
years in the 90's and into the 2000's.

Mark Z.

Stacey Chuffo August 9th 08 12:14 PM

Toshiba VTV-1415

IT SOUNDS LIKE IT'S ****ED UP.

Stacey Chuffo August 9th 08 12:17 PM

Toshiba VTV-1415

That's because those mother****ers are made by Orion mother****in Electric
which makes ****ed up mother****ers.

Jack00 August 9th 08 05:20 PM

Toshiba VTV-1415

On 9 Aug, 11:43, "Mark D. Zacharias" wrote:
"Jack00" wrote in message

When I switch this television set on it works fine but after 10
minutes there is field collapse and the sound is ok. I heard it has
an Orion chassis. Does anyone know for which model? What normally
goes wrong here? Thanks

By "field collapse" do you mean loss of vertical deflection (picture drops
to a single line across the screen from right to left) ?

Vertical problems were frequent on Toshiba chassis sets for a number of
years in the 90's and into the 2000's.

Mark Z.

Yes, loss of vertical deflection. What could be wrong?

Franc Zabkar August 9th 08 10:20 PM

Toshiba VTV-1415

On Sat, 9 Aug 2008 09:20:39 -0700 (PDT), Jack00
put finger to keyboard and composed:

"Jack00" wrote in message

When I switch this television set on it works fine but after 10
minutes there is field collapse and the sound is ok. I heard it has
an Orion chassis. Does anyone know for which model? What normally
goes wrong here? Thanks

By "field collapse" do you mean loss of vertical deflection (picture drops
to a single line across the screen from right to left) ?

Vertical problems were frequent on Toshiba chassis sets for a number of
years in the 90's and into the 2000's.

Mark Z.

Yes, loss of vertical deflection. What could be wrong?

I don't recognise the model, but I've seen this problem caused by a
dry joint at a low value resistor in the horizontal yoke circuit.
There is also an electrolytic capacitor near the jungle IC that can
cause this problem on some chassis. Otherwise I'd change all the
electros near the vertical output IC, and reflow all the solder joints
in that area.

- Franc Zabkar

Jerry G. August 10th 08 04:47 AM

Toshiba VTV-1415

Most of the time, this from electrolytic capacitors failing in the
vertical deflection area.

Jerry G.

Mark D. Zacharias[_3_] August 10th 08 05:45 AM

Toshiba VTV-1415

"Jack00" wrote in message

When I switch this television set on it works fine but after 10
minutes there is field collapse and the sound is ok. I heard it has
an Orion chassis. Does anyone know for which model? What normally
goes wrong here? Thanks

By "field collapse" do you mean loss of vertical deflection (picture
drops
to a single line across the screen from right to left) ?

Vertical problems were frequent on Toshiba chassis sets for a number of
years in the 90's and into the 2000's.

Mark Z.

Yes, loss of vertical deflection. What could be wrong?

Usually, bad solder connections at the vertical output IC, and potentially a
SLEW of bad capacitors.

Mark Z.

Franc Zabkar August 11th 08 09:03 PM

Toshiba VTV-1415

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 07:20:48 +1000, Franc Zabkar
put finger to keyboard and composed:

On Sat, 9 Aug 2008 09:20:39 -0700 (PDT), Jack00
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Yes, loss of vertical deflection. What could be wrong?

I don't recognise the model, but I've seen this problem caused by a
dry joint at a low value resistor in the horizontal yoke circuit.

Sorry, I meant vertical yoke circuit.

- Franc Zabkar