Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Toshiba VTV-1415

When I switch this television set on it works fine but after 10
minutes there is field collapse and the sound is ok. I heard it has
an Orion chassis. Does anyone know for which model? What normally
goes wrong here? Thanks
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Jack00" wrote in message
When I switch this television set on it works fine but after 10
minutes there is field collapse and the sound is ok. I heard it has
an Orion chassis. Does anyone know for which model? What normally
goes wrong here? Thanks

By "field collapse" do you mean loss of vertical deflection (picture drops
to a single line across the screen from right to left) ?

Vertical problems were frequent on Toshiba chassis sets for a number of
years in the 90's and into the 2000's.

Mark Z.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Jack00" wrote in message
When I switch this television set on it works fine but after 10
minutes there is field collapse and the sound is ok. I heard it has
an Orion chassis. Does anyone know for which model? What normally
goes wrong here? Thanks

IT SOUNDS LIKE IT'S ****ED UP.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message

"Jack00" wrote in message
When I switch this television set on it works fine but after 10
minutes there is field collapse and the sound is ok. I heard it has
an Orion chassis. Does anyone know for which model? What normally
goes wrong here? Thanks

By "field collapse" do you mean loss of vertical deflection (picture drops
to a single line across the screen from right to left) ?

Vertical problems were frequent on Toshiba chassis sets for a number of
years in the 90's and into the 2000's.

Mark Z.

That's because those mother****ers are made by Orion mother****in Electric
which makes ****ed up mother****ers.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 9 Aug, 11:43, "Mark D. Zacharias" wrote:
"Jack00" wrote in message

When I switch this television set on it works fine but after 10
minutes there is field collapse and the sound is ok. I heard it has
an Orion chassis. Does anyone know for which model? What normally
goes wrong here? Thanks

By "field collapse" do you mean loss of vertical deflection (picture drops
to a single line across the screen from right to left) ?

Vertical problems were frequent on Toshiba chassis sets for a number of
years in the 90's and into the 2000's.

Mark Z.

Yes, loss of vertical deflection. What could be wrong?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 9 Aug 2008 09:20:39 -0700 (PDT), Jack00
put finger to keyboard and composed:

"Jack00" wrote in message

When I switch this television set on it works fine but after 10
minutes there is field collapse and the sound is ok. I heard it has
an Orion chassis. Does anyone know for which model? What normally
goes wrong here? Thanks

By "field collapse" do you mean loss of vertical deflection (picture drops
to a single line across the screen from right to left) ?

Vertical problems were frequent on Toshiba chassis sets for a number of
years in the 90's and into the 2000's.

Mark Z.

Yes, loss of vertical deflection. What could be wrong?

I don't recognise the model, but I've seen this problem caused by a
dry joint at a low value resistor in the horizontal yoke circuit.
There is also an electrolytic capacitor near the jungle IC that can
cause this problem on some chassis. Otherwise I'd change all the
electros near the vertical output IC, and reflow all the solder joints
in that area.

- Franc Zabkar

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Jack00" wrote in message

When I switch this television set on it works fine but after 10
minutes there is field collapse and the sound is ok. I heard it has
an Orion chassis. Does anyone know for which model? What normally
goes wrong here? Thanks

By "field collapse" do you mean loss of vertical deflection (picture
drops
to a single line across the screen from right to left) ?

Vertical problems were frequent on Toshiba chassis sets for a number of
years in the 90's and into the 2000's.

Mark Z.

Yes, loss of vertical deflection. What could be wrong?

Usually, bad solder connections at the vertical output IC, and potentially a
SLEW of bad capacitors.

Mark Z.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 07:20:48 +1000, Franc Zabkar
put finger to keyboard and composed:

On Sat, 9 Aug 2008 09:20:39 -0700 (PDT), Jack00
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Yes, loss of vertical deflection. What could be wrong?

I don't recognise the model, but I've seen this problem caused by a
dry joint at a low value resistor in the horizontal yoke circuit.

Sorry, I meant vertical yoke circuit.

- Franc Zabkar

Using Toshiba vc-625 remote control to set picture settings on Toshiba 20af42 TV [email protected] Electronics Repair 5 December 27th 06 05:51 AM
Toshiba G Electronics Repair 1 July 14th 05 07:30 AM
Toshiba 50"!! bubbajim Electronics Repair 0 January 9th 05 02:55 PM
Toshiba 32" T.V.!! Jason D. Electronics Repair 0 December 12th 04 04:52 AM