Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default CMOS battery lasts only 6-9 months

The original CMOS battery in my laptop - a 2032 lithium coin cell -
lasted 5 years. Since then the various replacements seem to last
only 6 to 9 months. The laptop power battery gave up after 18
months and was removed from the laptop perhaps 3 years ago, so I don't
think the relatively short life of the CMOS battery is due to the
absence of the main battery.

I intend to solder an extra CMOS battery in parallel and in an
accessible location, so I don't have to deep strip every time.

I'm guessing the short life is down to brand and, if so, does anyone
have any recommendations for the best make of coin-cell batteries?

Many thanks

Martin

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Agreed,

My wife's watch battery failed after 2 years. Thought I'd be clever by
buying a set of 12 batteries on eBay for the same price as a branded one.

The generics lasted a month each.

Gave up after I had replaced 3 and just bought a proper branded battery
(Maxcell in this case) still going strong 1 year later.

Cheers,

Nigel

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Gareth Magennis wrote:

I still smile at my naiveness at buying a whole bunch of "Duracell" AA's for
a pound at one of those pound shops before going travelling in India. When
my Maglite eventually needed a change of batteries, I discovered that every
one was as flat as a fart.

Fake chinese duracells are rife on market stalls here

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

FREE TIBET
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

http://sound.westhost.com/fake/counterfeit-p2.htm
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"jango2" wrote in message
FREE TIBET

This made me laugh:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7370903.stm

Gareth.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

SCREW AJINOMOTO
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 3 May 2008 05:45:30 -0700 (PDT), jango2
wrote:

FREE TIBET

I didn't know there were charging for Tibets... How much are they?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 2, 4:16 pm, Eeyore
The original CMOS battery in my laptop - a 2032 lithium coin cell -
lasted 5 years. Since then the various replacements seem to last
only 6 to 9 months.

Where are you buying them from ?

Graham

Hi, One I got from Asda (UK), another I got from Wilkinsons - well
known brand - the other 2 I think from watch repair shops. That
said, all the time I'd been looking for Maxell. Certainly, this
time I'm not going to be fobbed off with "this is the best on the
market" ****e. I'll search high and low till I find Maxell, after
all, that was fitted as original.

Thanks

Martin

Bad CMOS Battery -- Dell Optiplex System Crash? EdwardATeller Electronics Repair 4 December 24th 06 12:45 AM
Outdoor clear sealer that lasts? trs80 Woodworking 8 June 5th 06 09:12 PM
A new privacy wood fence after junk older one lasts 25 years Any new material ? GeorgeW6 Home Repair 0 May 11th 06 08:22 PM
CMOS IC help! tlbs Electronics Repair 0 February 15th 05 12:21 AM
help! laptop's CMOS battery is dying ziliath Electronics Repair 11 August 4th 04 02:15 AM