Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony CCD-FX620 vs. 3000mAh battery.

I've had this Sony CCD-FX620 since it was new in 1994. A while back I
replaced the smd caps on the audio/video board and it restored the poor
picture and audio back to normal.

I powered it up a few days ago and ejected the tape that was in it and
inserted a brand new one. Then it went dead. I tried a different battery and
still nothing. Upon disassembly, I noticed that one of the two 1.6 amp
fuses, F951, in the power supply was open. I mulled over the situation,
replaced the fuse, and powered it up again but this time with my bench power
supply hooked up to the battery terminals. My bench supply can be set to
shut down at a predetermined current threshold. I set it for about 1.8 amps
and it powered up again no problem. I then tested my battery to see if it
wasn't holding a charge. It's a Sunpak 3000mAh RB-90U2