DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   svat giga extreme 5000 (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/245515-svat-giga-extreme-5000-a.html)

plexter April 18th 08 03:10 PM

svat giga extreme 5000

Hey I have a svat giga extreme 5000 wireless camera. states that it is
indoor however while not raining/cold outside I should be able to use
to monitor the kids/dogs outdoors as I am working in my office. only
prob is that it is a b/w camera which is fine but outdoors it is way
too bright. should there be any adj on the inside to adj the
brightness ? Can hardly make anything out besides objects that are
really dark. I can only see my lab not my samoide that is pure white.

Michael A. Terrell April 18th 08 04:37 PM

svat giga extreme 5000

plexter wrote:

Hey I have a svat giga extreme 5000 wireless camera. states that it is
indoor however while not raining/cold outside I should be able to use
to monitor the kids/dogs outdoors as I am working in my office. only
prob is that it is a b/w camera which is fine but outdoors it is way
too bright. should there be any adj on the inside to adj the
brightness ? Can hardly make anything out besides objects that are
really dark. I can only see my lab not my samoide that is pure white.

If the lens doesn't have an adjustable shutter, it is useless
outdoors. You are flooding the CCD with more light than it can handle.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Use any search engine other than Google till they stop polluting USENET
with porn and junk commercial SPAM

James Sweet April 18th 08 05:42 PM

svat giga extreme 5000

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

plexter wrote:

Hey I have a svat giga extreme 5000 wireless camera. states that it is
indoor however while not raining/cold outside I should be able to use
to monitor the kids/dogs outdoors as I am working in my office. only
prob is that it is a b/w camera which is fine but outdoors it is way
too bright. should there be any adj on the inside to adj the
brightness ? Can hardly make anything out besides objects that are
really dark. I can only see my lab not my samoide that is pure white.

If the lens doesn't have an adjustable shutter, it is useless
outdoors. You are flooding the CCD with more light than it can handle.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Use any search engine other than Google till they stop polluting USENET
with porn and junk commercial SPAM

Just put a tinted filter in front of it, that should do the trick.