Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default TDA7294S power amp IC. Muting high or low?

I'm servicing a Canton AS 80 SC powered subwoofer. I replaced the power
output IC and it worked for a few minutes but the next time I powered it on,
the output was next to nothing. I found the datasheet for the TDA7294S here.
http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/data...TDA7294S.shtml

I am trying to determine if the muting is activated by a high or a low input
on pin 10. I'm guessing that a high input mutes the audio but I'd like other
opinions.

Thanks for your reply.
--
David Farber
David Farber's Service Center

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
BH BH is offline

On Apr 17, 1:11*pm, "David Farber" wrote:
I'm servicing a Canton AS 80 SC powered subwoofer. I replaced the power
output IC and it worked for a few minutes but the next time I powered it on,
the output was next to nothing. I found the datasheet for the TDA7294S here.http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/data...TDA7294S.shtml

I am trying to determine if the muting is activated by a high or a low input
on pin 10. I'm guessing that a high input mutes the audio but I'd like other
opinions.

Thanks for your reply.
--
David Farber
David Farber's Service Center
L.A., CA

Why not give Canton a call in Minneapolis? Might save you time &
dollars.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"BH" wrote in message
[...]

I did call Canton. They don't supply schematics or troubleshoot to the
component level. I could buy the complete chassis assembly from them for
more than the
speaker is worth.

Since I posted this message, I believe I have figured out the problem. The
grounding between the jack board and the power supply board was not very
good. It relies on the screws through the slide switches to complete the
circuit. There may be other pathways to ground but adding one hard wire
seems to have fixed it.