Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Modem for cable and dial up on same pc?

Now that we have a high speed cable connection we do not need dial up.
But it might be nice to have back up. I can add a dial up but will there
be conflicts? The cable modem is always on. Now I put ELNK on the new pc
and maybe I have a problem. I figure we'd only use the dial up if the
high speed went down. Is there a way to set it up so ELNK couldn't
connect if the other one did? Or could you disable the cable modem and
use dial up should you want to.

Or should we drop ELNK and go to a Free ISP like Net Zero? But then the
same questions exists.... having a high speed cable connection and a
dial up on the same pc.Conflicts? Will it work?

Cable Modem RFI Vey Electronics Repair 8 April 9th 07 12:47 AM
Overheating Cable Modem Johnny Public Electronics Repair 7 March 26th 06 11:26 AM
Dial-up modem connect speed? Jim Adney Electronics Repair 16 July 29th 05 04:15 AM
extending coax cable to cable-modem Rick UK diy 15 February 23rd 05 11:44 AM
CAT-5 / Phone / Modem Cable Questions MF Home Repair 2 June 25th 03 01:06 AM