Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default RCA HD50LPW175 YX2

Hi. I have an RCA HD50LPW175 YX2 television. Chassis ATC336. The light
engine circuit board has an intermittent. Flexing it just right, I
can get the bulb to come on. I have the RCA service manual for it, but
unfortunately, it does not contain a schematic for the board. It says
"replace the board". The "lamp enable" line from this board that goes
to the ballast board, never goes low as it should. It starts at 3.3
volts, but does not drop to the .18 volts it should.

Ive been fixing tvs for about 20 years, but without a schematic for
this board, im stuck.

Looking for any tips etc that may lead me to the solution without
spending 400 bucks for a new board.

Any help HIGHLY appreciated.

Thank you.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In all the new model TV sets for most of the boards the policy is to
replace the board. There will be no factory support for board service or
for spare parts for most of the boards in these products.

The only thing you can do is hunt down the intermittent connection.
Maybe you can spend the time and re-solder all the potential places on
the board that may be intermittent.

--

JANA
_____