Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default "Dead" Emerson (Funai) LCD TV model EWL20S5

Hi,

Regarding Emerson (Funai) LCD TV model EWL20S5 (mfg 03/06):

Symptom: TV won't turn on.

Now that I finally got the SM, I was able to perform tests.

The 5.5V source reads 1.8V. I replaced C635 470/10, which read around
340uf on tester, with a 470/16 105deg., but that didn't fix the problem. I
tested many components and ruled out a heavy load on power supply (SMPS).
Raw B+ is fine. There are other components I have to test, but to save time,
has anyone serviced this model or a similar model with the same symptom?

Thanks in advance, Brad

be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Brad" wrote in message
Hi,

Regarding Emerson (Funai) LCD TV model EWL20S5 (mfg 03/06):

Symptom: TV won't turn on.

Now that I finally got the SM, I was able to perform tests.

The 5.5V source reads 1.8V. I replaced C635 470/10, which read around
340uf on tester, with a 470/16 105deg., but that didn't fix the problem.
tested many components and ruled out a heavy load on power supply (SMPS).
Raw B+ is fine. There are other components I have to test, but to save
time,
has anyone serviced this model or a similar model with the same symptom?

Thanks in advance, Brad

be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.
What is the supply voltage to the regulator Is the regulator receiving
enough current and voltage to actually perform APD? (As Per Design).

Are the other voltages from the power supply normal per the schematic? Bet
you will find a few more flakey caps in the unit before getting it
operational again. Poor design with mediocre components. IMHO!