Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Antique Zenith AM/ FM model 8C01 (late 40's) Radio schematic needed.

Does anyone have a schematic for this radio that they could possibly
please share with me? Or perhaps might there be a more appropriate
group to post this to? Thanks, Lenny
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

" wrote:

Does anyone have a schematic for this radio that they could possibly
please share with me? Or perhaps might there be a more appropriate
group to post this to? Thanks, Lenny

Try news:rec.antiques.radio+phono Give them the Brand and Model
numbers, as well as the symptoms, and they may be able to help.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...io+phono?hl=en for google
group users.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mar 4, 12:33 pm, "
wrote:
Does anyone have a schematic for this radio that they could possibly
please share with me? Or perhaps might there be a more appropriate
group to post this to? Thanks, Lenny

8C01 is a chassis number. I'd refer you to Nostalgia Air but that
site doesn't necessarily recognize chassis numbers. The actual model
number might find it. Something like a T825 perhaps?

http://www.nostalgiaair.org/resources/458/T0000458.htm

NA only covers the Rider's manuals up to the very early 50s and its
sketchy in the last few years. If yours is later than that then look
for a site with Beitmans diagrams, I think Dave Schmarder now has them
all linked on his site.

GL,
Bill
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mar 4, 11:33 am, "
wrote:
Does anyone have a schematic for this radio that they could possibly
please share with me? Or perhaps might there be a more appropriate
group to post this to? Thanks, Lenny

Here are a few pointers to Zenith radios with the 8C01 chassis;
the first site claims to have a schematic, but accessible to
members only:
http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/zenith_...h8c01_8_c.html
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaver...dios/fm45.html

TM
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Doggone Zenith...they repeated that chassis number. There's one in
the 1947 Beitmans and another in 1960. I'd guess that yours is the
former?

If you come up dry drop me an email and I can send you a copy.

-Bill

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mar 4, 9:14*pm, exray wrote:
Doggone Zenith...they repeated that chassis number. *There's one in
the 1947 Beitmans and another in 1960. *I'd guess that yours is the
former?

If you come up dry drop me an email and I can send you a copy.

-Bill

I found the model number with the help of another guy who is more
familiar with Zeniths than I am. He then crossed it to the chassis. As
to year, it's pre 1948 is all it states. And NA had the schematic with
changes and a few service notes. Time to warm up the old Senior
Voltohmyst. This set howls and growls and I've already replaced two
tubes and two leaky caps. One physically leaked wax all over my bench.
Probably end up replacing them all before I'm done. If this wasn't a
job for a friend, I don't suppose that it would be hardly worth the
time. Thanks to everyone for all the help. Lenny Stein.