Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Need Appliance Repair Group Information

My 3-year old Admiral washing machine (made by Maytag)sometimes fails
to drain and spin at the end of the rinse cycle. It has been doing
this about 10% of the time for the last year.

If I rotate the timer back to the final spin position, it always works
ok. Today I happened to be in the laundry and see the machine in the
middle of what should have been the rinse drain/spin cycle and the
machine was still agitating. I opened the lid and then reclosed it,
and the machine immediately went into the drain/spin cycle.

As far as I know, the motor direction determines if it agitates or
pumps out and spins. I am assuming that there is a relay somewhere
that failed to operate/release and put the motor into the correct
direction to drain and spin. I know there is an appliance repair
group, but can't seem to come up with it.

Help!

H. R.(Bob) Hofmann
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hi Bob

Admiral here in Canada were built by Whirlpool and it was very common for
the lid switch to go bad causing that problem. Sometimes the switch itself
would give out and other times the plastic that the lid switch scews go into
would break and the switch would drop down a bit and not make contact with
the activation lever
If it is whirlpool that built it you can remove the screws from the timer
console and flip it out of the way. you will see a plug on the top of the
washer with 3 wires 1 grnd and the other two go to the switch. bypass the
switch and see if it runs okay

Lance

"hr(bob) " wrote in message
[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

hr(bob) hofmann@ att.net wrote:
I know there is an appliance repair group,
but can't seem to come up with it.

Here's a trick for you:
http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...edit&scoring=d
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Feb 26, 6:51*pm, JeffM wrote:
hr(bob) hofmann@ att.net wrote:
I know there is an appliance repair group,
but can't seem to come up with it.

Here's a trick for you:http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...+-ingroup:elec...

Today is laundry day, I'll run the machine with the lid switch
replaced by a couple of clip leads and see what happens. Thanx for all
the info.

Bob Hofmann

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Not Usenet, but there are forums at www.FixItNow.com and www.ApplianceAid.com.
Some manuals can be downloaded for free at www.ApplianceJunk.com
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Feb 28, 4:12*am, "larry moe 'n curly"
wrote:
Not Usenet, but there are forums atwww.FixItNow.comandwww.ApplianceAid.com..
Some manuals can be downloaded for free atwww.ApplianceJunk.com

Thanks for the additional pointers