DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Wii Remote shunt (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/232509-wii-remote-shunt.html)

sert February 3rd 08 10:14 PM

Wii Remote shunt

I accidentally released the Wii Remote while swinging in a
bowling game and it hit the wall.

After a thorough check it still seems to be working as it used
to, but when I shake it I can hear something moving inside.

What could the broken part be?

Tim February 3rd 08 10:58 PM

Wii Remote shunt

In article ,
says...
I accidentally released the Wii Remote while swinging in a
bowling game and it hit the wall.

After a thorough check it still seems to be working as it used
to, but when I shake it I can hear something moving inside.

What could the broken part be?

If it's sound small, it may just be a part of the plastic housing. If
not it may be a component used for stability or RF isolation. Unless it
is easy to take apart, just leave it be and ignore the rattle.

My 2 cents worth anyways.

- Tim -

Bob Monsen February 4th 08 03:24 AM

Wii Remote shunt

"sert" wrote in message
I accidentally released the Wii Remote while swinging in a
bowling game and it hit the wall.

After a thorough check it still seems to be working as it used
to, but when I shake it I can hear something moving inside.

What could the broken part be?

My kids have a Wii, and they got some kind of wrist strap free through the
mail from Nintendo (I guess this throwing of the remote is a more common
problem than one would think!)

You might look on the Nintendo website for more information, assuming it
still continues to work after you open it up.

Regards,
Bob Monsen

Mr. Land February 4th 08 03:25 PM

Wii Remote shunt

On Feb 3, 5:14*pm, sert wrote:
I accidentally released the Wii Remote while swinging in a
bowling game and it hit the wall.

After a thorough check it still seems to be working as it used
to, but when I shake it I can hear something moving inside.

What could the broken part be?

If it still works then it doesn't seem critical. But, the Wiimotes
are
so motion-oriented, I think a rattle inside would be distracting
during play.

I'd at least try to pop the controller open and have a look. If it
turned out to be a non-critical piece of plastic, at least you'd
have it out.