Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics

Default Wii Remote shunt

I accidentally released the Wii Remote while swinging in a
bowling game and it hit the wall.

After a thorough check it still seems to be working as it used
to, but when I shake it I can hear something moving inside.

What could the broken part be?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics

"sert" wrote in message
I accidentally released the Wii Remote while swinging in a
bowling game and it hit the wall.

After a thorough check it still seems to be working as it used
to, but when I shake it I can hear something moving inside.

What could the broken part be?

My kids have a Wii, and they got some kind of wrist strap free through the
mail from Nintendo (I guess this throwing of the remote is a more common
problem than one would think!)

You might look on the Nintendo website for more information, assuming it
still continues to work after you open it up.

Regards,
Bob Monsen

Posted to sci.electronics.repair, sci.electronics.basics

On Feb 3, 5:14*pm, sert wrote:
I accidentally released the Wii Remote while swinging in a
bowling game and it hit the wall.

After a thorough check it still seems to be working as it used
to, but when I shake it I can hear something moving inside.

What could the broken part be?

If it still works then it doesn't seem critical. But, the Wiimotes
are
so motion-oriented, I think a rattle inside would be distracting
during play.

I'd at least try to pop the controller open and have a look. If it
turned out to be a non-critical piece of plastic, at least you'd
have it out.

Sharp TV / VCR Remote Codes - GE Universal Remote jJim McLaughlin Electronics Repair 1 July 16th 07 03:13 AM
can't get MX-500 universal remote to work with Directv H20 remote [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 December 3rd 06 09:12 AM
tx-29gf10x remote how do you open this remote iversonis Electronics Repair 0 November 11th 05 09:35 AM
Tv remote Charles Pisano Electronics 4 May 28th 04 01:40 AM
TV Remote Control rubber pad(UR50CT1071) used in remote control for Panasonic TV Model TX-29GF10X Steve Electronics Repair 4 November 1st 03 03:27 PM