DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Akai VCR (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/232108-akai-vcr.html)

ter January 31st 08 10:36 AM

Akai VCR

I have a (defunct) Akai Vs-75EK but have sevetral tapes recorded on it
that do not play well (stereo sound wise) on more modern machines so
I'm looking for a working replacement; I'm assuming no one out there
has one but I have been told later Matsui models were based on it (ie
using the same electronics and heads). Does anyone, by any chance, no
which model number(s)?

Any help greatly appreciated.

b January 31st 08 12:17 PM

Akai VCR

On Jan 31, 11:36 am, ter wrote:
I have a (defunct) Akai Vs-75EK but have sevetral tapes recorded on it
that do not play well (stereo sound wise) on more modern machines so
I'm looking for a working replacement; I'm assuming no one out there
has one but I have been told later Matsui models were based on it (ie
using the same electronics and heads). Does anyone, by any chance, no
which model number(s)?

Any help greatly appreciated.

I don't think that is true. Matsuis were usaully funai or orion,
pretty grim. just keep trying various hifi vcrs, you will find one
with enough tracking range to play your tapes.
-b

Smitty Two January 31st 08 03:36 PM

Akai VCR

In article
,
ter wrote:

I have a (defunct) Akai Vs-75EK but have sevetral tapes recorded on it
that do not play well (stereo sound wise) on more modern machines so
I'm looking for a working replacement; I'm assuming no one out there
has one but I have been told later Matsui models were based on it (ie
using the same electronics and heads). Does anyone, by any chance, no
which model number(s)?

Any help greatly appreciated.

A possible workaround if the tapes are of personal value, is to have
them transferred to DVD by a professional transfer house.