Posted to sci.electronics.repair
ter ter is offline

Default Akai VCR

I have a (defunct) Akai Vs-75EK but have sevetral tapes recorded on it
that do not play well (stereo sound wise) on more modern machines so
I'm looking for a working replacement; I'm assuming no one out there
has one but I have been told later Matsui models were based on it (ie
using the same electronics and heads). Does anyone, by any chance, no
which model number(s)?

Any help greatly appreciated.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

On Jan 31, 11:36 am, ter wrote:
I have a (defunct) Akai Vs-75EK but have sevetral tapes recorded on it
that do not play well (stereo sound wise) on more modern machines so
I'm looking for a working replacement; I'm assuming no one out there
has one but I have been told later Matsui models were based on it (ie
using the same electronics and heads). Does anyone, by any chance, no
which model number(s)?

Any help greatly appreciated.

I don't think that is true. Matsuis were usaully funai or orion,
pretty grim. just keep trying various hifi vcrs, you will find one
with enough tracking range to play your tapes.
-b
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article
,
ter wrote:

I have a (defunct) Akai Vs-75EK but have sevetral tapes recorded on it
that do not play well (stereo sound wise) on more modern machines so
I'm looking for a working replacement; I'm assuming no one out there
has one but I have been told later Matsui models were based on it (ie
using the same electronics and heads). Does anyone, by any chance, no
which model number(s)?

Any help greatly appreciated.

A possible workaround if the tapes are of personal value, is to have
them transferred to DVD by a professional transfer house.

Akai CTV 284 NTF [email protected] Electronics Repair 3 July 25th 07 05:39 PM
Akai amp Am-U04 Patt Electronics Repair 1 July 10th 07 09:34 AM
akai amp Patt Electronics Repair 2 July 5th 07 03:03 PM
Akai am u04 Patt Electronics Repair 1 June 23rd 07 11:06 PM
Akai TV probs Greg Electronics Repair 3 January 31st 05 09:08 PM