Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Honda Car Stereo ???

If your reading this: I was wondering if anyone here has access to Honda Car
Stereo anti-theft codes or knows of a way around them? YES the stereo is
stolen but I obtained it legitimately from a local police auction. Just
figured maybe someone out there repairs them and knows how to get around
this pain in the A$$ "feature".

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Barry & Nikki wrote:

If your reading this: I was wondering if anyone here has access to Honda Car
Stereo anti-theft codes or knows of a way around them? YES the stereo is
stolen but I obtained it legitimately from a local police auction. Just
figured maybe someone out there repairs them and knows how to get around
this pain in the A$$ "feature".

Your local Honda dealer can help you, but may opt not to.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jan 8, 1:55*am, "Barry & Nikki"
wrote:
If your reading this: I was wondering if anyone here has access to Honda Car
Stereo anti-theft codes or knows of a way around them? YES the stereo is
stolen but I obtained it legitimately from a local police auction. Just
figured maybe someone out there repairs them and knows how to get around
this pain in the A$$ "feature".

Googling "honda anti theft code" reveals that if you have the radio
serial number, and can prove ownership, a Honda dealer can look up the
code for you. They may or may not elect to charge you a service fee to
do so.

There also appear to be one or more websites not affiliated with Honda
that claim to be able to provide you with your code, again for a fee.

Jerry
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Thanks. That is what I have been running into; everyone wants a piece of my
back wallet. Especially the Honda DEALERships (they are on crack). After
explaining the situation to 5 different dealers they are willing to "help"
but want $100-$85 to "help". I'm not even positive the stereo functions
completely being it has the code lock so I am not putting any more $$ into
it other than what I have into it for the wiring harness.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Barry & Nikki" wrote in message
om...
Thanks. That is what I have been running into; everyone wants a

piece of my
back wallet. Especially the Honda DEALERships (they are on

crack). After
explaining the situation to 5 different dealers they are

willing to "help"
but want $100-$85 to "help". I'm not even positive the stereo

functions
completely being it has the code lock so I am not putting any

more $$ into
it other than what I have into it for the wiring harness.

the story sounded suspicious but you can find almost everything
on ebay
this seller guarantees an unlock or get your $7 dollars back

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...spagenameZWDVW

htdnhtt
rob

How to connect JVC Stereo Cassete Deck(KD-AD2),Stereo Integrated Amplifier(A-S7),Stereo Tuner(T-V3) to RCA Television(FMR 7277ER) Thaqalain Electronics Repair 0 July 30th 05 08:33 AM
Honda HRB 475 Martin Williams Home Repair 1 June 8th 05 11:40 PM
Honda ad Ken Sterling Metalworking 12 November 25th 04 04:35 AM
Honda G65 Bill Woodworking 2 September 22nd 03 05:07 PM
Panasonic VCR quit playing back in hi-fi stereo, still records in hi-fi stereo larrymoencurly Electronics Repair 3 August 17th 03 11:08 PM