Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Datum Efratom LPRO Rubidium Lamp removal

Hi all,
does anybody out there have any experience in replacing the lamp on
an
LPRO rubidium oscillator?
I have two of these, one working and another which reads "lamp volt"
=
zero. I feel it is not a matter of lamp, as the lamp housing doesn't
heat (it should). I would try swapping the lamps between the two
units
for diagnosis, at least to know if I could rely on a spare lamp from
the faulty unit, but before attempting to loose the bolt which holds
the lamp into its housing I would like to know if this could damage
it.
By the way, does anybody have the schematics of LPRO?
Thanks,
Antonio I8IOV

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 2 Gen, 17:01, Antonio Iovane wrote:
Hi all,
does anybody out there have any experience in replacing the lamp on
an
LPRO rubidium oscillator?
I have two of these, one working and another which reads "lamp volt"
=
zero. I feel it is not a matter of lamp, as the lamp housing doesn't
heat (it should). I would try swapping the lamps between the two
units
for diagnosis, at least to know if I could rely on a spare lamp from
the faulty unit, but before attempting to loose the bolt which holds
the lamp into its housing I would like to know if this could damage
it.
By the way, does anybody have the schematics of LPRO?
Thanks,
Antonio I8IOV

Just to renew the question. Antonio
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Antonio Iovane wrote:
[...]

Try to Google Time-Nuts for a mailing list of experts on that equipment.
You could post your
question on the Time-Nuts mailing list
Bill K7NOM
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 3 Gen, 17:34, Bill Janssen wrote:
Antonio Iovane wrote:
[...]

Bill K7NOM- Nascondi testo tra virgolette -

- Mostra testo tra virgolette -

Thanks for pointing me to that list, I've just found it.
73,
Antonio I8IOV