Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Hp 8116A - seach for service manual + diagrams

Hello,
I have a HP 8116A function generator out of order - E42 failure code - In
order to repair it I need all informations about this function generator
....( block diagrams - eletricals schematics ....) and a simple guide line to
find the failure ..
Thanks a lot ..
Best regards

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Renaud wrote:

Hello,
I have a HP 8116A function generator out of order - E42 failure code - In
order to repair it I need all informations about this function generator
...( block diagrams - eletricals schematics ....) and a simple guide line to
find the failure ..
Thanks a lot ..
Best regards

Sigh. Doesn't ANYONE ever go to the OEM website for help anymore?

http://www.home.agilent.com/agilent/redirector.jspx?action=ref&cname=AGILENT_EDITORIAL &ckey=615544&lc=eng&cc=US&nfr=-536900193.536900597

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Renaud" wrote in message
Hello,
I have a HP 8116A function generator out of order - E42 failure code - In
order to repair it I need all informations about this function generator
...( block diagrams - eletricals schematics ....) and a simple guide line to
find the failure ..
Thanks a lot ..
Best regards

The first and most obvious place to look for the manual is from the
manufacturer.
Download the manual from Agilent's web site
http://www.home.agilent.com/agilent/...N&cc=US&lc=eng

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

"In theory, there isn't any difference between theory and practice. In
practice, there is." - Yogi Berra

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 00:25:36 +0100 "Renaud" wrote in
Message id: :

Hello,
I have a HP 8116A function generator out of order - E42 failure code - In
order to repair it I need all informations about this function generator
...( block diagrams - eletricals schematics ....) and a simple guide line to
find the failure ..
Thanks a lot ..
Best regards

Hello Renaud,

As you already know, the manual from Agilent does not include the
schematics. According to my manual (which has the schematics), this error
code is:

The output amplifier is unable to supply a negative offset. Possible
faults:
Output amplifier A1
Offset DAC A2: U24, U25, U26, U17
Offset latches A2: U21, U22, U23, U43

I've fixed a few of these with this code, and IIRC the problem was an easy
one to solve - the -24VDC supply had a problem. If yours is bad, check the
following:
1. 2200uF capacitor C4
2. CR2 bridge rectifier
3. U4 voltage regulator
4. Picofuse located in the -24VDC feed.

I'm currently posting the complete service manual to
alt.binaries.schematics.electronic, it should be there by the time you
look. Good luck!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
msg msg is offline

JW wrote:

snip

I'm currently posting the complete service manual to
alt.binaries.schematics.electronic, it should be there by the time you
look. Good luck!

Please consider uploading it to BAMA also -- a much more useful place
for posterity.

Regards,

Michael