Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Crown D-75 Power Amp, Pot & Cap

Hello,

I have a Crown D-75 amp that is missing a cap on the on-off switch.
Does anyone know where I can purchase one, or maybe something cheap I
can squeeze on there?

Also, one of the volume pots are scratchy. I haven't tried cleaning
it out yet, but in the event that I need a new pot, what kind of pot
can I purchase and where's a good place to order from?

Thanks,

Jimmy
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Jimmy Lee wrote:

Hello,

I have a Crown D-75 amp that is missing a cap on the on-off switch.
Does anyone know where I can purchase one, or maybe something cheap I
can squeeze on there?

Also, one of the volume pots are scratchy. I haven't tried cleaning
it out yet, but in the event that I need a new pot, what kind of pot
can I purchase and where's a good place to order from?

I'd suggest contacting Crown. Those things are often quite specific to
the manufacturer in question.
http://crownaudio.com/

Graham

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

You have get in touch with Crown for replacement parts. You can order
parts from them.

http://www.crownaudio.com/support.htm

Jerry G.
======

On Dec 17, 5:00 pm, Jimmy Lee wrote:
Hello,

I have a Crown D-75 amp that is missing a cap on the on-off switch.
Does anyone know where I can purchase one, or maybe something cheap I
can squeeze on there?

Also, one of the volume pots are scratchy. I haven't tried cleaning
it out yet, but in the event that I need a new pot, what kind of pot
can I purchase and where's a good place to order from?

Thanks,

Jimmy

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Dec 17, 7:30 pm, Eeyore
wrote:
Jimmy Lee wrote:
Hello,

I have a Crown D-75 amp that is missing a cap on the on-off switch.
Does anyone know where I can purchase one, or maybe something cheap I
can squeeze on there?

Also, one of the volume pots are scratchy. I haven't tried cleaning
it out yet, but in the event that I need a new pot, what kind of pot
can I purchase and where's a good place to order from?

I'd suggest contacting Crown. Those things are often quite specific to
the manufacturer in question.http://crownaudio.com/

Graham

Mpffff... The cap is nothing special at all. About any 600+VDC 0.02uf
or 0.01uf ceramic disc cap will do just fine.

The volume-controls _will_ be specific to that amp, but if you know
the specifications, you should be able to find after-market
replacements or upgrades. But I would strongly suggest you clean them
before you replace them. Be sure to use a *lubricating* cleaner
designed for volume controls - or, if you know how to be very, very
sparing in your application (flame-suit full-on) WD-40 - after a non-
lubricating cleaner such as mineral spirits or the like. Even Radio
Shack tuner/cleaner is excellent in this application.

NOTE: ALL OF THE ABOVE ARE FLAMMABLE. Allow all volatiles to escape
before applying power.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Thank you all for the info!

crown mouldings andy Woodworking 4 January 15th 06 06:52 AM
crown mouldings andy Woodworking 3 January 11th 06 01:27 AM
crown moulding [email protected] Woodworking 2 October 21st 05 01:25 AM
Oak crown fun... loutent Woodworking 1 August 23rd 05 11:42 AM
crown molding??? EvoDawg Home Repair 3 June 5th 05 07:24 AM