Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default SANYO/Sear Beta VCR - need to modify Reel Motor - HOW??

I have Sears branded Beta VCR:
Sear Part Number: 564.53091450

Its basically a renamed Sanyo 4400

I replaced the belts, but it still leaves loops of tape when changing
from PLAY to STOP.

I found a nice website:
http://www.colin99.co.uk/extras/reel...e_a_sanyo_beta.
htm

It shows in detail how to replace the belts and tires. But
specifically it mentions that there exists a Reel Motor torque
improvement modification

However, it does provide specifics for my particular Beta model.

Does anyone have any experience with this model or the Sanyo 4400
Beta.

Could you provide any help? I'd like to provide the motor with more
torque.

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final
------------------- ----- ---- -- -

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hello

I may have spoken to you directly already. I think the torque mod
components for the UK models (VTC5000, VTC5150) will probably be
correct for your machine also. I would expect the component
locations to be the same. Perhaps have a look at the leftmost
PCB and compare it to the pictures on my web site. Note there
are two slightly different versions of this board.

I can send the parts from the UK, or you may be able to source
them locally.

Regards,

Colin

www.colin99.co.uk