Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Max Max is offline

Default Samsung LCD Syncmaster 171V

Hi This monitor model code GH17LSSBY or model name 171V has power up but
white screen.I checked the power supply.There are few voltages coming
out to logic board(5v,16v)I suspect bad logic board.Is anybody have the
same problem?thanks
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 20:48:56 -0800, Max wrote:

Hi This monitor model code GH17LSSBY or model name 171V has power up but
white screen.I checked the power supply.There are few voltages coming
out to logic board(5v,16v)I suspect bad logic board.Is anybody have the
same problem?thanks

From another forum, in answer to the problem of an lcd with a white
screen...

"Might be the electronics, but the majority of the time I have
experienced this it is a small fuse in the lcd panel it's self when
you get a snow-white screen.

Not sure what panel the 1520 has in it, but the fuse would be under
the small metal cover right on the back of the LCD panel on the driver
board, might be as small as a pin-head, right by the connector, may be
labeled F1 or FU1 or something like that. You can check it with a
multimeter, and hopefully if it is bad there are some markings on it,
maybe a letter or two, that can be used to cross-reference a
replacement.

Probably 9 out of 10 times (in my experience) the fuse is the only
problem, replacing it returns the unit to operation."

Might be your problem.

Wayne
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Max Max is offline

Wayne wrote:
On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 20:48:56 -0800, Max wrote:

Hi This monitor model code GH17LSSBY or model name 171V has power up but
white screen.I checked the power supply.There are few voltages coming
out to logic board(5v,16v)I suspect bad logic board.Is anybody have the
same problem?thanks

From another forum, in answer to the problem of an lcd with a white
screen...

"Might be the electronics, but the majority of the time I have
experienced this it is a small fuse in the lcd panel it's self when
you get a snow-white screen.

Not sure what panel the 1520 has in it, but the fuse would be under
the small metal cover right on the back of the LCD panel on the driver
board, might be as small as a pin-head, right by the connector, may be
labeled F1 or FU1 or something like that. You can check it with a
multimeter, and hopefully if it is bad there are some markings on it,
maybe a letter or two, that can be used to cross-reference a
replacement.

Probably 9 out of 10 times (in my experience) the fuse is the only
problem, replacing it returns the unit to operation."

Might be your problem.

Wayne

Thanks I try to find it and let you know if its bad.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Max Max is offline

Wayne wrote:
On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 20:48:56 -0800, Max wrote:

Hi This monitor model code GH17LSSBY or model name 171V has power up but
white screen.I checked the power supply.There are few voltages coming
out to logic board(5v,16v)I suspect bad logic board.Is anybody have the
same problem?thanks

From another forum, in answer to the problem of an lcd with a white
screen...

"Might be the electronics, but the majority of the time I have
experienced this it is a small fuse in the lcd panel it's self when
you get a snow-white screen.

Not sure what panel the 1520 has in it, but the fuse would be under
the small metal cover right on the back of the LCD panel on the driver
board, might be as small as a pin-head, right by the connector, may be
labeled F1 or FU1 or something like that. You can check it with a
multimeter, and hopefully if it is bad there are some markings on it,
maybe a letter or two, that can be used to cross-reference a
replacement.

Probably 9 out of 10 times (in my experience) the fuse is the only
problem, replacing it returns the unit to operation."

Might be your problem.

Wayne

thats exactly what you saying.The problem with the fuse F1.I'd like to
know what value the fuse I can install (what amperage)Thanks