Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sharp LC-37HV6U, which DVI cable fits?

I'm trying to help a client over the phone with this Sharp LC-37HV6U
television. He is trying to hook up his satellite box to this TV with a DVI
cable. The DVI cable he purchased does not fit at the television end. I went
online to see what types of DVI cables exist. I found many different
arrangements he http://www.datapro.net/techinfo/dvi_info.html#Page05

The manual for the TV is he
http://www.sharpusa.com/files/tel_man_LC37HV6U.pdf

I was unable to determine what type of cable will interface between the
satellite box and the TV. The customer service agent at Sharp referred me to
their technical support department whose offices have already closed for the
day.

Anyone keep up with this new newfangled equipment that can tell me what type
of cable is needed?
--
David Farber
David Farber's Service Center

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 16:35:20 -0800, David Farber wrote:

[...]

HDMI cable.

I finally got through to Sharp tech support. The plug is DVI-D. This TV
does not have the HDMI type plug.

Thanks for your reply.
--
David Farber
David Farber's Service Center
L.A., CA

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 11:51:28 -0800, "David Farber"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I finally got through to Sharp tech support. The plug is DVI-D. This TV
does not have the HDMI type plug.

FWIW, this is my favourite site for cable and connector pinouts:
http://pinouts.ru/Video/dvi_pinout.shtml

- Franc Zabkar