Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sky HD box

A friend has just called to tell me that his 'Sky HD box' has gone
faulty. He said that he thinks it's the power supply - something in
there on a heat sink is cooking up.

He lives about 60 miles away, so I won't be able to look at it for a
while. As I've never seen the inside of one these things, I have no idea
what to expect - or even if they're repairable. Anyone got any ideas/tips?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Farmer Giles wrote:
A friend has just called to tell me that his 'Sky HD box' has gone
faulty. He said that he thinks it's the power supply - something in
there on a heat sink is cooking up.

He lives about 60 miles away, so I won't be able to look at it for a
while. As I've never seen the inside of one these things, I have no idea
what to expect - or even if they're repairable. Anyone got any ideas/tips?

Phone Sky? These things should be in warranty?

--
Adrian C
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Adrian C wrote:
Farmer Giles wrote:
A friend has just called to tell me that his 'Sky HD box' has gone
faulty. He said that he thinks it's the power supply - something in
there on a heat sink is cooking up.

He lives about 60 miles away, so I won't be able to look at it for a
while. As I've never seen the inside of one these things, I have no
idea what to expect - or even if they're repairable. Anyone got any
ideas/tips?

Phone Sky? These things should be in warranty?

I don't think so, they've offered an exchange for about £70. My friend
would prefer to have his repaired though - not because of the cost, but
because he doesn't feel too happy about the quality of their exchange items.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Oct 28, 11:15 pm, Farmer Giles wrote:
Adrian C wrote:
Farmer Giles wrote:
A friend has just called to tell me that his 'Sky HD box' has gone
faulty. He said that he thinks it's the power supply - something in
there on a heat sink is cooking up.

He lives about 60 miles away, so I won't be able to look at it for a
while. As I've never seen the inside of one these things, I have no
idea what to expect - or even if they're repairable. Anyone got any
ideas/tips?

Phone Sky? These things should be in warranty?

I don't think so, they've offered an exchange for about £70. My friend
would prefer to have his repaired though - not because of the cost, but
because he doesn't feel too happy about the quality of their exchange items.

Have you contacted Digi Repairs in Enniskillen.They offer repair on
Sky HD boxes for £56.65 all in. Just Google them. Hope this helps I
have used thema and they are very good