Posted to sci.electronics.repair
vin vin is offline

Default Question about changing power supply for Sony FD Trintron KV32FS17 TV

Hi:
We have a Sony FD Trintron KV32FS17 TV which is giving us an error
code of 2 blinks *there is no video or audio, just the error code). We
have been advised that it signifies a short in the power supply
circuit and we need to change the power supply card.

Can anyone advise us the part number for the power supply card for
this TV and where can we obtain this part.

We will apprecaite the help.

Thanks

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"vin" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi:
We have a Sony FD Trintron KV32FS17 TV which is giving us an error
code of 2 blinks *there is no video or audio, just the error code). We
have been advised that it signifies a short in the power supply
circuit and we need to change the power supply card.

Can anyone advise us the part number for the power supply card for
this TV and where can we obtain this part.

We will apprecaite the help.

Thanks

Google is your friend dumbass.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

vin wrote:
Hi:
We have a Sony FD Trintron KV32FS17 TV which is giving us an error
code of 2 blinks *there is no video or audio, just the error code). We
have been advised that it signifies a short in the power supply
circuit and we need to change the power supply card.

Can anyone advise us the part number for the power supply card for
this TV and where can we obtain this part.

We will apprecaite the help.

Thanks

The power supply will be located on the main board, not a seperate
replaceable card. Someone must troubleshoot the circuit and replace the
faulty components.
Replacement boards are not made available or will cost more than the TV
is worth.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

The power supply will be located on the main board, not a seperate
replaceable card. Someone must troubleshoot the circuit and replace the
faulty components.
Replacement boards are not made available or will cost more than the TV is
worth.

Some Sony sets did have separate power supply boards, and some boards are
available, but you're correct that it's not generally economical to replace
a whole board. Power supplies in particular tend to be easy to repair.