Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.photo.digital,sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair

Default Why did the professional camera reviewers totally miss a serious flaw in the camera?

I'm curious why the following three camera reviewers totally missed a very
serious and obvious flaw in the Nikon Coolpix camera lineup.

The flaw is the infamous Nikon coolpix flimsy battery door latch molded as
a thin, easily broken loop of plastic on the coolpix camera body. The fix
has been described in various ways by various users in other threads. The
fix isn't the point of this thread.

DPREVIEW didn't even test camera integrity:
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikoncp3100/

DCRESOURCE totally missed the mark:
http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/ni...ix3100-review/

STEVE'S DIGICAMS was clueless:
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_...nikon3100.html

The question I am incensed about and very curious about is how could the
reviewers I trusted have been so inanely incompetent to have totally missed
the fact the camera would inevitably turn into a brick due to the obvious
poor engineering that wasn't visible to the consumer but which should have
been wholly obvious to the "professional" camera reviewer?

Is it that the reviewers a
- Paid by the camera manufacturers to tout their products?
- Paid by the advertisers to tout the manufacturer's products?
- Clueless?