DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   cable for HP 1000 laser printer (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/216805-cable-hp-1000-laser-printer.html)

[email protected] October 7th 07 10:46 PM

cable for HP 1000 laser printer

Please friends, I have a laserjet printer HP 1000 and cant get a
cable for it. The port on the printer is just like the parallel port
(D 25 ) on the PC. Is there any special cable for this printer or I
can easily make one by joining two parallel printer cables ( D 25 to
D25, Pin 1 to 1, pin 2 to 2 etc.)? If there is any way of making the
cable I will be glad to know. thanks

msg October 7th 07 10:55 PM

wrote:

Please friends, I have a laserjet printer HP 1000 and cant get a
cable for it.

snip

Is your printer like the one described here?
http://www.printerworks.com/DataShee...erjet1000.html

If so, it has a USB interface, if not, please reply with the
exact model number of your printer. The connector you described
in your post may well be a serial port.

Regards,

Michael

Jamie October 8th 07 01:29 AM

wrote:

Please friends, I have a laserjet printer HP 1000 and cant get a
cable for it. The port on the printer is just like the parallel port
(D 25 ) on the PC. Is there any special cable for this printer or I
can easily make one by joining two parallel printer cables ( D 25 to
D25, Pin 1 to 1, pin 2 to 2 etc.)? If there is any way of making the
cable I will be glad to know. thanks

IEEE bidirection 25 pin cable, I just bought a new one
not to long ago. I don't understand why you can't ?

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5

[email protected] October 8th 07 05:29 AM

cable for HP 1000 laser printer

On Oct 7, 8:29 pm, Jamie
t wrote:
wrote:
Please friends, I have a laserjet printer HP 1000 and cant get a
cable for it. The port on the printer is just like the parallel port
(D 25 ) on the PC. Is there any special cable for this printer or I
can easily make one by joining two parallel printer cables ( D 25 to
D25, Pin 1 to 1, pin 2 to 2 etc.)? If there is any way of making the
cable I will be glad to know. thanks

IEEE bidirection 25 pin cable, I just bought a new one
not to long ago.

The LaserJet 1000 uses a special USB formatter cable.

From
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...I D=bpl11004:
The printer does not connect to the computer's parallel port.
The HP LaserJet 1000 series printer is designed to connect only to the
computer's USB port.

Here's one source for the cable:
http://www2.printerworks.com/cgi-win...nd?Q1342-60001
Of course it would probably be cheaper just to buy a used printer with
the cable on ebay.

TM