Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default cable for HP 1000 laser printer

Please friends, I have a laserjet printer HP 1000 and cant get a
cable for it. The port on the printer is just like the parallel port
(D 25 ) on the PC. Is there any special cable for this printer or I
can easily make one by joining two parallel printer cables ( D 25 to
D25, Pin 1 to 1, pin 2 to 2 etc.)? If there is any way of making the
cable I will be glad to know. thanks

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
msg msg is offline

wrote:

Please friends, I have a laserjet printer HP 1000 and cant get a
cable for it.

snip

Is your printer like the one described here?
http://www.printerworks.com/DataShee...erjet1000.html

If so, it has a USB interface, if not, please reply with the
exact model number of your printer. The connector you described
in your post may well be a serial port.

Regards,

Michael
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Oct 7, 8:29 pm, Jamie
t wrote:
wrote:
Please friends, I have a laserjet printer HP 1000 and cant get a
cable for it. The port on the printer is just like the parallel port
(D 25 ) on the PC. Is there any special cable for this printer or I
can easily make one by joining two parallel printer cables ( D 25 to
D25, Pin 1 to 1, pin 2 to 2 etc.)? If there is any way of making the
cable I will be glad to know. thanks

IEEE bidirection 25 pin cable, I just bought a new one
not to long ago.

The LaserJet 1000 uses a special USB formatter cable.

From
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...I D=bpl11004:
The printer does not connect to the computer's parallel port.
The HP LaserJet 1000 series printer is designed to connect only to the
computer's USB port.

Here's one source for the cable:
http://www2.printerworks.com/cgi-win...nd?Q1342-60001
Of course it would probably be cheaper just to buy a used printer with
the cable on ebay.

TM