Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default C-audio RA4001 power amp problem

Hi all,
I've got a C-audio power amp model RA4001. The unit is stuck in
"protect" mode and won't energize the softstart bypass relay. The
poweramp channels seems ok, and there are no dc-offsets. Either anyone
has a good hint or possibly the schematics for this unit. Greatful for
any advice.
Best regards
Stefan

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article . com,
powerampfreak wrote:
I've got a C-audio power amp model RA4001. The unit is stuck in
"protect" mode and won't energize the softstart bypass relay. The
poweramp channels seems ok, and there are no dc-offsets. Either anyone
has a good hint or possibly the schematics for this unit. Greatful for
any advice.

If it's a MOSFET, check for oscillation.

--
*24 hours in a day ... 24 beers in a case ... coincidence? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 7 Okt, 15:54, "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article . com,
powerampfreak wrote:

I've got a C-audio power amp model RA4001. The unit is stuck in
"protect" mode and won't energize the softstart bypass relay. The
poweramp channels seems ok, and there are no dc-offsets. Either anyone
has a good hint or possibly the schematics for this unit. Greatful for
any advice.

If it's a MOSFET, check for oscillation.

--
*24 hours in a day ... 24 beers in a case ... coincidence? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

I would suspect the softstart relay still energize, even if one amp
channel is bad.
It has output relays as well. These doesn't energize either..
No schematics available?

/Stefan

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

powerampfreak wrote:

I've got a C-audio power amp model RA4001. The unit is stuck in
"protect" mode and won't energize the softstart bypass relay. The
poweramp channels seems ok, and there are no dc-offsets. Either anyone
has a good hint or possibly the schematics for this unit. Greatful for
any advice.

If it's a MOSFET, check for oscillation.

--
*24 hours in a day ... 24 beers in a case ... coincidence? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

I would suspect the softstart relay still energize, even if one amp
channel is bad.
It has output relays as well. These doesn't energize either..
No schematics available?

/Stefan

Fortunately I saved the contact email from when the remains of the
C-Audio website was still up. Try Mark DOT Ayres AT harmanpro DOT com.
He sent me a copy of the RA 1, 2 and 3 series schematics a couple of
years ago when I enquired.

--
Tim Phipps

replace "invalid" with "uk" to reply by email
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

powerampfreak wrote:

[...]

replace "invalid" with "uk" to reply by email- Dölj citerad text -

- Visa citerad text -

Tried to mail the above contact, without any reply. Probably, Mark
have left Harman.
Anyone else have any input for a schematic for a C-audio RA4001
poweramp?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

powerampfreak wrote:

Tried to mail the above contact, without any reply. Probably, Mark
have left Harman.
Anyone else have any input for a schematic for a C-audio RA4001
poweramp?

According to http://www.harmanprouk.com/pages/contact/team.aspx he is
still there. You could try calling them on the number listed on their
website.

--
Tim Phipps

replace "invalid" with "uk" to reply by email
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

powerampfreak wrote:

Hi all,
I've got a C-audio power amp model RA4001. The unit is stuck in
"protect" mode and won't energize the softstart bypass relay. The
poweramp channels seems ok, and there are no dc-offsets. Either anyone
has a good hint or possibly the schematics for this unit. Greatful for
any advice.

Have you phoned Harman UK ?

Graham

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

powerampfreak wrote:

Hi all,
I've got a C-audio power amp model RA4001. The unit is stuck in
"protect" mode and won't energize the softstart bypass relay. The
poweramp channels seems ok, and there are no dc-offsets. Either anyone
has a good hint or possibly the schematics for this unit. Greatful for
any advice.

Suggest you sign-up to the 'diy audio' forum and post an enquiry to lee.basham

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread/t-76909.html

"lee.basham
If you have any problems with these amplifiers Ii can help I was the product
manager and service manager for C-Audio. Circuit diagrams are available for al
models of C- Audio products as well as service documentation and first hand
guidance."

Note, when searching for schematics for UK manufactured products use the search
term "circuit" or "circuit diagram" in place of schematic.

Graham