Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Radio Shack clock - help to locate transformer's info from known p/n

Hello list,

I have got a dead radio clock--Radio Shack model 12-1950 (Chromatic
290). The transformer primary is open. Fortunately, and to great
compliment to Radio Shack, the complete parts list for the clock is
available online at the Radio Shack support page:
http://support.radioshack.com/parts/25372.htm

Unfortunately, I don't live in the US, and can't visit a Radio Shack
store to buy a replacement. I'd like to obtain the electrical
characteristics (to look for a similar transformer locally). Anyone
knows what are the electrical characteristics of this transformer?

The parts list says: 11281672 TRANSFORMER,POWER UL APP TA0361

The transformer is center-tapped, on the transformer there are
letters: CEFV3510-9 1-7399

Thanks!

-- Max

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

MaxVT wrote in news:1191235944.229798.199980
@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com:

Hello list,

I have got a dead radio clock--Radio Shack model 12-1950 (Chromatic
290). The transformer primary is open. Fortunately, and to great
compliment to Radio Shack, the complete parts list for the clock is
available online at the Radio Shack support page:
http://support.radioshack.com/parts/25372.htm

Unfortunately, I don't live in the US, and can't visit a Radio Shack
store to buy a replacement. I'd like to obtain the electrical
characteristics (to look for a similar transformer locally). Anyone
knows what are the electrical characteristics of this transformer?

The parts list says: 11281672 TRANSFORMER,POWER UL APP TA0361

The transformer is center-tapped, on the transformer there are
letters: CEFV3510-9 1-7399

Thanks!

-- Max

Likey 6 or 9V each side of the tap, around 300 ma.

The letters are simply a maufacturing code

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Oct 1, 5:52 am, MaxVT wrote:
Hello list,

I have got a dead radio clock--Radio Shack model 12-1950 (Chromatic
290). The transformer primary is open. Fortunately, and to great
compliment to Radio Shack, the complete parts list for the clock is
available online at the Radio Shack support page:http://support.radioshack.com/parts/25372.htm

Unfortunately, I don't live in the US, and can't visit a Radio Shack
store to buy a replacement. I'd like to obtain the electrical
characteristics (to look for a similar transformer locally). Anyone
knows what are the electrical characteristics of this transformer?

The parts list says: 11281672 TRANSFORMER,POWER UL APP TA0361

The transformer is center-tapped, on the transformer there are
letters: CEFV3510-9 1-7399

Thanks!

-- Max

Look for an open thermal fuse on the primary side, you can bypass it
to get the unit to work temprarily and to measure the secondary
voltage. Is it 120V or 240 V primary??

H. R. (Bob) Hofmann

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 03:52:24 -0700, MaxVT put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Hello list,

I have got a dead radio clock--Radio Shack model 12-1950 (Chromatic
290). The transformer primary is open. Fortunately, and to great
compliment to Radio Shack, the complete parts list for the clock is
available online at the Radio Shack support page:
http://support.radioshack.com/parts/25372.htm

Unfortunately, I don't live in the US, and can't visit a Radio Shack
store to buy a replacement. I'd like to obtain the electrical
characteristics (to look for a similar transformer locally). Anyone
knows what are the electrical characteristics of this transformer?

The parts list says: 11281672 TRANSFORMER,POWER UL APP TA0361

The transformer is center-tapped, on the transformer there are
letters: CEFV3510-9 1-7399

Thanks!

-- Max

The application diagrams in the LM8560B datasheet show two possible
configurations for the transformer.

See http://www.datasheetarchive.com/preview/2013467.html

The datasheet for the TA7368P recommends a supply voltage of 6V, and
the TA2003P can operate between 1.8V - 7V.

- Franc Zabkar